so, how did you spend your time...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brad Barker, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    when the server was changing?

me? i wept to myself softly. :p

that, or watched tv and read.
  2. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Played a gig, practiced, slept, had a rehearsel, practiced, oogled over gear @ BassNW & Bass Central,became a member of the Line 6 forum. Pretty productive for me.

Take it easy.
  3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    wow, that's a pretty full day.

i forgot to mention i bought food.

4. I went to the forums.........Now I am convinced TBers are more highly evolved than members of other forums.

Paul really does spoil us though, This place is so organized , other forums are nowhere near this neat.
  5. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I realy got to know myself trying to study for my history exam on Monday. Truns out I can't study and wasted my whole day. :bag:
  6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

I know this against the rules mods, but I can't help it. Erase if need be.

When I was first starting bass, I went into the forums. I'm still feeling effects of that one. Fifty thousand "best bassist" threads, idol worship of alarming rates, and generally, constant arguing between metalheads and jazzbos about whose music was more valid/difficult/visionary.

That is the only forum that has made me sick.
  7. i can honestly say that i was very bored
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I just kinda sat in a corner.
  9. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I destroyed the moon.
  10. After the first 12 hours or so of initial shock of seeing the message, I drifted over to the MIMF and browsed the archives and threads for the rest of the time. They were under their regular 24 hour moderator siesta so no posting there either! :(
  11. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    -Nordstrand Forum
    -wrote some stuff for my soon-to-be-website
    -played music

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Played my Epiphone Jack Casady Bass. :bassist:
  13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    (Gard uncurls from fetal position, removes thumb from mouth)

:eek: mean it's back now???

I'M ALIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    It's funny, I've never been the big ol' hollowbody thumpy bass type. But after reading, fairly recently, an article on Jack Casady which has a pic of him with that bass, I kinda want a big ol' hollowbody thumpy bass.
  15. Roundwound

May 13, 2004
    Peoria, IL
    For me it was like going on some rebound after being dumped...I put together a crib for our upcoming baby (4th), assembled my 3-year-old daughter's new bed, bought a cake for my 5-year-old's birthday tomorrow, put in 2hrs w/messing around with my new rig and doing some serious practicing, made cookies and dinner, and watched a Jimmy Neutron movie w/my 8-year-old.
  16. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Gigged last night and worked all day today...To tired to worry too much about the big's nice and fast now...
  17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I built a 30x40 deck off the back of my house, and a gazebo over part of it. Then we went to a local nursery, and bought some nice plants to go on the gazebo. Oh yeah, I had several friends over to help. We just finished. One of my friends asked me if he could see the bass guitar website I have talked about before. So, here we are.

18. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    washed the dishes, took my Rottie for a walk and made a huge mess in the living room with my basses and when my wife gets home, she'll only be half mad (i did do the dishes :D )...
  19. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I saw Land of the Dead again.
  20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan