So How Have You Adjusted To The "New" TalkBass?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I remember when the new forum version was uploaded a few months back, many people moaned and groaned like it was the end of the world. I barely remember the old look myself, although I would really like Paul to try to get the Legacy style up again, as those colors were the easiest on my eyes. I don't even have my syle set on 'two column' like the old TB used to be standard. How have you adapted to the non-purple TB?
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I use the blues 2 col setup and Im happy.

I cant really remember what the old one looked like.
  3. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    What happened to the "bait and tackle "forum?????

I 'm lost and confused. I miss the old TB. :D
  4. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I use the default thingy and I like it better.
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

There's too many options.
  6. tb has gone through so many color schemes I don't even remember them all. I quite like the default 2 col posts
  7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    It's still right there, next to the "bits and pieces" forum....
  8. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    something changed?
  9. Just like others, I can't really remember what the "old" TB looked like. I would like it though if the Legacy Colour Scheme came back up, as that's what I was using. Now I'm using Blues 2 Column. All in all though, I still like the new look, as I did when TB came back online.
  10. The forums were completely redone at the end of Jan. 04. Looks like you missed it by a couple weeks.
  11. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Well, some things are better with the new layout, but some things are not as good. I've got to say that I am not a fan of the drop-down menus.
  12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i dont really remember the old one...
  13. I've adjusted well. :cool:
    I don't really remember the "old" TB all that much. I like the drop down menus, and how if you don't like having too many choices, just ignore the ones you don't like :p
  14. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    awww.. i feel left out:(

PS i do like way it looks right now... kinda calm... just dont make it hot pink or yellow or something and i'll show up:D
  15. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I had no problems getting used to it - but it took some time till I got to closer terms with these drop-down menus and had a hard time finding the "Report bad post" button - but i rarely use it, though....
  16. Maybe someone has a screenshot of the "old" TB saved on their hard drive still...They could post it and we could all go down memory lane...
  17. Blue's my favourite colour.

I lurve it. :D

Actually I can't remember what the old TB looked like either.
  18. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I like this iteration of TB. The only thing that sucked about the upgrade is if you pull up any threads from before the upgrade and someone attached a pic, it's no longer there. That in itself isn't bad, it's when the next 20 posts are all talking about the pic you can't see!

I can totally understand losing the old attachments though. I remember reading they were roughly 1/2 of the TB database and accounted for much of the used bandwidth.
  19. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Old TB had even more blue in it :p
    The first post was a blue, then the next a bit lighter blue, then again blue, lighter blue, ... so as not to confuse the posts
  20. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I adjusted pretty quickly after I switched to 2-col view.