So how is everyones life???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    How is everyone??
    Is it just me or do i get this feeling that all the kids on here are stressed out about school??
    I am, I hate school,blah!. Hmm so how is everyone? Are yall being good kids??
    Tell us about some recent stuff thats been going on in your life.:D

No im not high!
  2. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    My life has been pretty boring and useless for the last.....3 months.

3. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Whats going on in my life, you say? Well, not a whole lot, schools been boring. My grades have only really gone down by 5% or so since midterm (when i was at a 90% average). I can't keep my mind on school long enough in the class, too many distractions, i guess (i have either music or girls on my mind all the time :rolleyes: )

Bass-wise nothings really been happening either. Due to home renovations my amp is in my closet and I can't play it, so right now its just acoustic jams. :p

EDIT: I'm not high either.
  4. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I hate school. It stresses me out.
  5. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...

6. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Oh hell yeah. I'm full of spirit.
  7. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Ok My life is awesoem right now, but it will tottally suck next tuesday!!! I fear school!! However, it will get MUCH MUCH better in 20 days when the state of colorado gives me my license back!!! BOOYA!:D
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I think I need to get laid, but other than that I'm good.

I just spent about 1/2 hour in the Darkroom and got nothing good out of it, first I had to mix chemicals(a hassle) then I discovered that whoever mixed the developer didn't make it concentrated enough so its really weak and now takes 5-7 minutes to develop minutes(I hate this cause they made like 3 gallons so I'm not going to dump it, but there is no more developer mixing agent to strengthen the solution)
    So after I fixed up some Fix and some Stop bath, I started work, But my negative that I was working on was either ****ed up or the chemicals were, because I could NOT get the type of contrast I wanted no matter what I tried...I used a deep filter and burned for 81 seconds!!! and still it looked washy...I think It was the negative, which sucks because I really wanted to get a nice print of this particular I got fed up and left...I will probably go back later.

yeah, I play a lot of bass, more than ever, I've been spending hours and hours working on perfecting my tone and my scales and soem chordal stuff....I've been playing more than practicing but I still have been spending adequate practice time(or I'd like to think so)

I'm not stressed out at all, School is good, Relationships are good, its all pretty nice, I recently spoke to a bassist friend of mine and her and I talked for a long time, it was great because I haven't seen her since the summer, and now she's going to come to my Senior project.

Which is the other focus of my life right now...Senior Project! Its going to be a Concert with a Photography exhibit outside the theatre. I've got a set list and everything, I know most of the songs perfectly, I just have to spend time with my Crew, Its primarily a Solo bass show, but I will be doing about 4 songs with a band.

All in all I've written the most here, because I have a lot to say, I hope everyone else is doing well.
  9. EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    Well life is good and life is hard. I'm a junior in high school and my girlfriend is a sophomore in college. We live about 30 minutes from each other. We only get to see each other on weekends. We talk on the phone a lot, but it's still hard not seeing each other. If you guys would pray for strength for us to make it through this, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Otherwise, school is boring because I don't get to see my girlfriend. My classes even though they are advanced, have become very static for me. But my band is starting to go somewhere, so thats always a plus!
  10. I am in my senior year right now, and even though I am not the type of person to be real stressed, see my name for explanation, everything is starting to get to me. In two classes I am close to getting a D, Physics and Math Analysis. If I do get a D in Physics, I will get rejected from the colleges that I applied to. If I get a D in Math Analysis, I will probably get rejected from the colleges. Either way, I would then have to do the community college trip, or forget about college all together. Finals are coming up, and I have to perform well on them espically in those two classes.

On the bright side, I am with a regularly gigging band, and we will be doing some recording quite soon. Today at practice I got to release some steam. So over all, in the indolent report, I would have to say that I am breaking about even. Meh.
  11. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    life's gettin better
  12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My finances suck royally.

But other than that, life is grand.:) I have a wonderful wife, two beautiful kids, play three times a week at church, and both of my bands have several gigs lined up. Woohoo!:D
  13. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Life Could be better for me.. I have been a bit depressed in recent weeks.. I start school tomorrow... But I'm not worried about school.. I also just moved into a nice 4 bedroom suite which I am digging very much.. Brand new and what not.. I can't complain... But things are starting to look up for me
  14. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    Hey Man... Goodluck with your girlfriend. Ill be praying for you.
    My girlfriend lives an hour away, in bartlett TN, i live in Hernando Mississippi, so its kinda far. Only 45 minutes. It takes an hour with trafic though. And hour and 15 minutes with me driving.( I DRIVE SLOOOOOOOO!)..
    I know how it is man, it can be hard, but very fufilling knowing that you can last a long time, and keep a long distance relationship for over a year, and 2 kids our age goto the same school and break up 3 weeks later.
    Goodluck man.. May you and your girl be happy!
  15. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Yes it is.

New band (really psyched about this) and my FBB (#1065-02) is being built. I can't complain about school (UMass Lowell), either. I enjoy it.
  16. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I'm super; thanks for asking.
  17. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Um...very interesting right now. ;)
  18. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Hey Lump, keep your head down! :D And thanks (I'm in the bucket in Sep-Nov, so I may see you! )