Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So how is the Stingray I?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Infernal Affair, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Doing a search for this proved impossible, so I'm starting a new thread.

Does anyone own a Stingray I? There's one on sale on ebay and I was interested in how it compared to a typical Stingray/Sterling. I'm mostly interested in the sound as those two large humbuckers seem interesting. Reminds me of the G&L L-2000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2519983214&category=33039

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Dude, it's a guitar, not a bass.
    So, it doesn't compare to a StingRay / Sterling.
    The bass equivalent of the StingRay 1 guitar is the Sabre, basically a StingRay bass with 2 humbuckers.

3. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    well my legendary bass teacher had a sting ray, but he sold it because of its weight. tHEY ARE HEAVY but if weight aint a problem go for it.

If i am right, i think that flea has a stingray...

4. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    yup she is a guitar!!
    I like their guitars, but it will not sound anything like an L-2000:D

5. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    ahhh! blasphemy!

6. Oh. I didn't notice that it was a guitar. Sorry for the mixup. I just saw the two humbuckers and automatically had allusions to the L-2000. When I think of Stingray I automatically think bass, so I guess the programming in my brain failed to recognize that there's six strings on that thing (that look nothing like bass strings).

Thanks for noting the Sabre though. I'll do a search on it right now. If any mods are reading this, you can delete it if you wish since it's irrelevant to the TB board.