So, how long you been here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Early 1998

1 vote(s)
  2. Late 1998

0 vote(s)
  3. Early 1999

2 vote(s)
  4. Late 1999

2 vote(s)
  5. Early 2000

13 vote(s)
  6. Late 2000

5 vote(s)
  7. Early 2001

5 vote(s)
  8. Late 2001

6 vote(s)
  9. Early 2002

9 vote(s)
  10. Late 2002

8 vote(s)
  11. Early 2003

8 vote(s)
  12. Late 2003

11 vote(s)
  13. Early 2004

19 vote(s)
  14. Never posted here. TB who?

1 vote(s)
  1. I don't think we've ever put this up as a poll. Given that TB has been aronud 6 years now, I think we should find out what the average age of our posters are. I've been here since early 2000, so that makes me 4.

Hmm, just like my maturity!!:D

I'm just breaking it down by first or last half of the year. More acurate than that, and we couldn't fit all the choices on here.

Rock on
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think I've been here since 2002, the year I came back from overseas.

brad cook
  3. Been a member since late 2002, but lurked since 2000.

4. Me 2
  5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Early 2002, about a month after I started playing bass.
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I'm about 2 1/2 now then, although if you count lurking I'm about 3.

7. In 2000, about a month after I bought a bass.
  8. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Not sure how long I lurked here before joining, prolly a year or two, but its hard to remember. Joined in late 2002.

I just did a search on google and my earliest post in alt.guitar.bass was in 1997! :D how tragic....I believe I was arguing with Peter Duncan too!
  9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Started lurking in 00, registered in Jan 01.

I'm starting to feel like one of the "old timers" around here.
  10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Was it about how any bass with truss rods is inferior or how Democrats have ruined the country?
  11. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I believe the topic was Warwick vs Zon and how Peter thought that in the future everyone would abandon wood necked basses and would use graphite composite necks. (Noting however that he now has been buying wood necked basses for a while!)

I believe Fred Hodshon was also involved in that thread at the time.
  12. I voted early 2004.

I've been around before, but this is the longest time I've hung around for. I think I'll keep this SN.
  13. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    My earliest net socializing occurred on #music in IRC. That began in late 1994 and the last time I visited there was sometime in 2002.

brad cook
  14. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I was on one of the earlier incarnations of TB, then went away for a while to mess around with acoustic guitar. When I came back a few months later, the board had changed and I had to re-register.

I was mostly lurking the first time around, though. I can't even remember if I posted at all.
  15. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Late 2002. I'm in the terrible 2's. But the strange thing is, I have never been a troll. I don't think I could travel the path of the darkside like that. Too scary. This place is great, and I supported soon after I came and started posting. I'll keep giving my dues as long as I can afford it!
  16. Early 2004 apparently.

I came to find out what model my ibanez was and ended up staying.

I've been hooked!
  17. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Early 2000. Was a moderator until 2003.

I remember a time when some forums had no mods and few wanted to do it.
  18. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Hmmmmmm...I started lurking in early 2002, and joined in August that year. If that makes me just turned two then I'm going to take advantage of it and wett my pants.

There now. That wasn't so good, was it?
  19. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I started way before this version of the board - when it was almost exclusively DB players and Paul actually took part in the discussions and the only pros were DB players, like Joel Quarrington!

It was early '98 - so I guess I am one of the 'oldest' likely to post in this thread, as the DB players don't tend to look here - although I do remember Ed Fuqua and JimK from that time?