Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So how was your Halloween gig?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jondog, Nov 1, 2003.

1. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    How was yours?

Mine was pretty cool. The place was packed, and it's always fun to play for people who are out to have a good time. My band wore togas, and they were pretty good costumes -- we even color coordinated by accident, white and maroon. We had to run the costume contest and that was kind of a drag. Our singer did a decent job emcing it, but sexy '80s chick dumped an entire beer into my pedal board on her way to the mic. It stopped working and I had to unplug everything and run without a preamp for the rest of the night. Hooray for active basses! I'm not looking forward to cleaning that out. Also, we just vamped on Addams Family or The Munsters during the contest, which is a good idea, but it really got boring after awhile because there were a lot of people who thought they were creative or sexy or whatever. We didn't get to play most of our 3rd set because the contest took so long. So, next time I'll plan the setlist better, clear a path to the mic, ask for more $ when we have to mc, and have more fun! How did your show go?

2. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    We had a Blast, It was alot of fun playing with some old freind's. There was this one girl there
    that had made her costume from glad wrap, she
    made a tube top & mini skirt out of it, and had
    a bow on her head made out of it, when asked
    what her costume was, she replied " I'm a piece
    of Candy".I wish I had a picture she was HOT!!!!

:eek:

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Ours was great. Packed house. Lots of cool costumes. The winner of best costume were two ladies dressed as Hooters Girls from Hell! Real funny. Wish I had a picture to show you. They wore the Hooters girl T shirts with orange pants,and had ugly green masks on and long hangie down boobs that were green and hung down several inches peeking out UNDER their shirts. Kinda like the granny from the old Playboy cartoons.:D

4. Ours was kind of incomplete, the two guitarists were just outside in their driveway playing. I was getting candy. Sorry, were not a band filled with middle aged people. Teenage Garage Band for us.

5. It was great! The room was full and we improvised during the parade of the costumes (about 10 minutes).

The most bizarre moment was when someone dropped a chicken (yes, a living, breathing chicken) on stage, just before me! It just went to sit near the drummer for a while, then it pooed on the drummer's set list, and it flew just to my right, onto the mixer! Then it just went away into the crowd... :eek: :confused: :p

6. Halloween 2003 was pretty good actually - jammed the night away...

- Wil

7. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    It was cool overall. Monitors went out, not enought time for sound check, drummer choked I could go on and on. But my friends and family had a blast, there was a lot of good looking woman there that were sharing with us as we were playing which was fun. 90% of the people said we sounded great so I can live with that. Oh and it was our first gig ever so all and all it went well considering.