Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So.... I´m going to Las Vegas in june....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, May 1, 2005.

1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I´ll be there on a conference for most of the time, but I have some days off and I was wondering if there´s anything fun to do there besides gambling and going to the Hoover dam?

Secondly.... I plan to go to music stores to find some basses, any tips or hints? I´ve already located three shops through the Internet..

Sam Ash
    Las Vegas
    2747 Maryland Parkway
    Las Vegas, NV 89109

Guitar Center Las Vegas
    3085 E. Tropicana
    Las Vegas, Nevada 89121

Ed Roman Guitars
    4631 South Industrial Rd.
    Las Vegas Nevada, 89103

Any more that I should look out for?

Sin City, here I come!! :hyper:

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Tell me how Ed Romans was :)

3. Check out "Cowtown Guitars" on Maryland Parkway near Desert Inn (some good vintage stuff) ........ and a +1 to Ed Roman's.

Best buffets are at the Rio, and the MGM. Get a copy of "Whats On" a freebie magazine that gives you the local entertainment scoop including lounge acts (most are surprisingly good). You gotta see the Forum Shops at Ceasars Palace, just for the cieling art. Check out Steve Wynn's new place on the old Desert Inn site, its supposed to be really high end. Plus there are a lot of new dance clubs too, again, check out "Whats On'. :hyper:

.................Jim

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Thanks for the tip, I´ll keep an eye out for CowTown guitars.
    :)

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Good luck... win some money...

Texas hold`em owns us all!

6. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Dude our very own Adrian Garcia, has a bass store there, also if you get a chance check out his playing, he's a monster. www.accessbass.com , He'l probobly be a lot nicer to you then Ed Roman, I hear Ed's pretty much look don't touch unless you pull up in a limo.

7. Circus D'Soleil 'O' Show at the Bellagio Click here . It is absolutely amazing! Get the good seats . . . in the middle about 12 rows up . . . It was so intense that I had to go and hide for about 2 hours . . . Totally awesome live music and performance!

Mark F. Sanderson

8. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Why were you hiding?

Ivar....are you going for the Cisco Networkers Conference? If so, I will be there also.

-Mike

10. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    "O" at the Bellagio

11. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Yep, I sure am going to the Networkers :D

It would be cool to meet you there!

12. Hyper-Stimulation . . . . brain overload . . . . . see for yourself . . .you'll understand!

Mark F. Sanderson

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    VERY cool! We will definitely have to meet up. I have always wanted to visit Iceland, so I have a million questions to ask you!!! :D

-Mike

14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    "O" is AMAZING.
    for music, Clint Holmes has a smoking band, most of them can be heard for free at Palace Station monday nights when they appear as Santa Fe - ridiculous band! horns, great drummer and a bass player that will make your jaw drop !
    the Lon Bronson Band plays at the Golden Nugget late Saturdays. If you come before June 9, I will be at the Alladdin with Sheena Easton (Grammy award winner for the 80's) if you like Latin music, i also play ina a Salsa band fridays and saturdays, late night.
    If you like upright bass, Morrie Louden, who goes back and forth between Vegas and NY, may be in town at the Bellagio with a pianist- he is a monster player. For visual shows, there is also Cirque du Soleil KA at the MGM and the new Le Reve at the brand new Wynn -
    email me if you are interested in hooking up while you are here- peace, Adrian

15. Try not to get murdered. You don't want David the Unfun Coroner all up in your dead grill.

16. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Hehe :) I´ll try not to!

17. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    aw, you are very lucky! I'd love to visit Vegas some time, I'm determined to at least once!

have a great time and get some cool pics :)

18. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I've been to Vegas twice, booth times for business meetings. I think every one should see it at least once, but personally it's not on my top ten list. I much preferred the Grand Canyon, which is nearby and definitely worth the side trip. I always get the feeling in Vegas that it is just a big movie set. Nothing is real, they have a Sphinx, Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, pyramid, Pirates (No Ocean), Venetian Shopping district and a North African cityscape (both underground). It's fun to experience once, but I always get the feeling that if you walked around the back you'd see the wood frames holding everything up and a good wind could blow it all away. But, I guess it is a good way to experience American adult amusement park culture.

19. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Thanks for the tip.... I´ll try to keep in touch :)

Hehe :) I´ll take a bunch of pics :)

Hehe :)
    I doubt that I´ll be going on a regular basis to Las Vegas, it´s just fun to go there and try it out. :)