1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

So i added a second amp to my rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andy westwood, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    38204253_702027726807447_3961331698121048064_o.jpg

so the rockerverb goes to the 410 my ashdown feeds the 810 sounds big!

sorting out a my board with my es8 so i can mix up what i send to each amp.

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

You’re young and full of vim and vigour ain’cha! LOL :)

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Cool rig! Tubes and all. :thumbsup:

Where do you play that requires so much thunder?

Ear plugs, I hope?

Andy westwood and BassmanPaul like this.
  4. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    no where big enough to warrant this but hey if we all did that id be playing using a 212 or 110,

i can split the 810 in two so its not as crazy if i want and can even plug one head into my two notes captor and have it go to pa.

my bands are just switching over to inears so that greatly helps with volume issues

Andy

5. I have been wanting to do this also. I have two GK 400RB amps and two 4 X 10 cabs. I think I could get a huge sound and run the amps very low volume. I play in a hard rock band that is loud. I like the idea that if one has an issue I have a complete backup on stage. Plus, I think the amps sound better without cranking them way up.

What do you plug into that feeds both amps.

6. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    i have a boss es8 which handles the two outputs the second output also heads out via a gigrig humdinger to isolate as well as allowing me to flip the phasing. having the es8 also allows any pedal on my board(which is being reworked) to feed either the ashdown or orange or both

LuckyScott likes this.
  7. jdubbass38

jdubbass38

Mar 20, 2009
    I bet that sounds killer! Do you run a dirty/ clean setup?

8. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Welcome to the "Dually" club! (not really a club but it probably should be) :D

Andy westwood likes this.
  9. jdubbass38

jdubbass38

Mar 20, 2009
    I posted this on the v4b reissue thread but since we’re talking duel amps here is what I’m running. Two Ampeg v4b’s and two Ampeg 610’s. I run one dirty mids/ highs and the other clean bass. I’m splitting my pickups on my Ricky using (ric o sound) sending each amp either the neck or bridge. It sounds absolutely thunderous!

EE61AFEA-60D1-4B18-9FF1-AB0499D50E0B.jpeg

Drifter_Bass likes this.
  10. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    for the most part its all dirt, higher gain stuff coming from the orange but the ashdown gets pretty dirty !

Andy Bassist

shameless youtube plug! if you want to hear the ashdown! will be shooting a video of the new set up soon!

jdubbass38 likes this.
  11. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    thats a nice setup! i do really like how the 610's sound!

jdubbass38 likes this.
  12. Drifter_Bass

Drifter_Bass

Apr 5, 2017
    MPLS, MN
    Wowzers, that looks really fun to play and quite loud. Love that the price tag is still on the V4 on the right. Using this setup for Rick-O-Sound is probably the best thing I've seen all week!!!

13. Drifter_Bass

Drifter_Bass

Apr 5, 2017
    MPLS, MN
    I'll throw in my dual amp rig from a few years back: L2 into an Ampeg V-2 4x12 + Traynor YBA-4 into an Ampeg 1x15 (in addition to the Traynor speaker). Note: I never actually gigged with this ridiculousness, just recorded).

upload_2018-8-1_18-11-26.png

jdubbass38 likes this.
  14. jdubbass38

jdubbass38

Mar 20, 2009
    I would definitely like to hear that rig when you get some video up. I’ve always wanted an orange head maybe some day...just looks so cool!

15. jdubbass38

jdubbass38

Mar 20, 2009
    Thanks! This setup is the best tone I’ve ever achieved playing live. My band mates absolutely loved it and want it at every gig now. I like some dirt in my tone but also keep the lows..never been able to make it sound like I want it but this setup did it and I love it! Oh yeah the tag...I had that v4b serviced a wile back...now I guess it helps me differentiate the twins...lol so it’s staying on!

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021