Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

so I almost pooped my pants today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Today there was a massive storm. Lighting strike about every 2 seconds. big thick bolts that would sustain for enough time to get a good look at them, not a glance.

I decide to go to Toronto (pre storm). I take the GO bus to the train station that will take me to Toronto, as I get there it is not raining rain, but more lightening. It is the only honest way to describe it, there was that much actual striking lightening (and not the hockey kind), some that hurt my eyes (and I am a welder).

Anyways, I decide to return home at the train station and not go to Toronto because I knew a big storm was about to come. I hope back onto the returning bus. Just outside the train station, we are idling at a red light when WHAM! the telephone poll right beside of me (I don't mean the bus, outside the bus Right next to me) maybe 5 feet away gets struck by lighting.

There is a small explosion like thing with a bunch of sparks and a defeaning boom joined by a blinding split second light.

Had it been a stop, someone would have been seriously injured or killed.

All I know... I almost pooped my pants

http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20050819/160_tornado_rains_050819.jpg

http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20050819/160_toronto_flood_050819.jpg

that is Toronto!

2. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    So, TB Pirate might actually stand for Turd Burglar Pirate in this case?

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I almost pooped my pants today too, but not for that reason. :smug:

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ha! I actually DID.

Beat that.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I believe you.

6. Don't take this the wrong way, but... details?

7. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    When I was leaving las vegas a couple years back theres was a big storm driving home ( right outside vegas ) in the back rounds and lots of lightning.. The lightning hit a large large large telephone pole/transformer and a CRAPLOAD of purple sparks and looked like more lightning kinda exploded..

And about it seemed like a foot of rain came down in about 30 minutes..

Was especially mezmerizing because I'm from palm springs and our annual rainfall is an astounding .5 inch a year.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Antipoop*

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Fig beat me to it. Damn you!

I was going to say: "it's a good thing you're the Antipoop!"

10. Figjam