Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I am 2 for 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Oct 5, 2005.

1. 2 years in a row I got pneumonia

(well technically I am 2 for 21)

Anyone else sick right now?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No sir, I am not. I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. When I was younger I would get really sick during cold and flu season. Now, I eat lots of spicy food, and chili peppers, so I don't get sick too often.

-Mike

3. Funny you should ask!

I have never had pneumonia, but last week one of my coworkers was home a few days with strep throat. TODAY....by the time work was over I find myself going home with a tad bit of a sore throat, not bad just that nasty little feeling I'm coming down with something.

If I get strep throat...I will drag myself out of bed just to smack him in the head with a shovel. :D

Hope you feel better soon.

4. I am sick. Nasty tasting yellow phlegm is my only symptom. I've managed to keep myself unconcious for most of the day w/ cough syrup.

Why don't perscription cough syrups list ingredients? I'd like to know what I'm taking. Is there an expectorant? I would assume benadryl is involved, and dxm, but it would sure be novel to have some real info!
    but really, thanks for leaving me in the dark, doc.

Oh well, whatever is in it, if I drink twice the recommended dose it is easy to sleep.. :) :) :)

mmmmmm...sleep.

5. "Cheritussin" not working. Time for quadruple dose. No telling what will happen.....boy, I love surprises, especially mystery potions.

Now I know it tastes like cherries already, give me some info!

6. What is worse, I am out of ulcer medication and my new job doesn't have coverage.

I am buying 20 days worth of pneumonia pills and a month of ulcer pills... close to $200 tomorrow. Why all at once?!?!?!

Work is not happy about this one, either am I. Last year I only missed I think 2 days from it but I was sick for well over a month. I am trying just to get better this time.

What can I do? That bank account is going to slowly narrow down this week

7. Too much of that stuff and I'm bouncing off walls with a heart rate of 300bpm!

Good luck to ya. I'll dial 9-1 you let me know when I should dial the other 1 :D

Although, Chris Rock does claim it's the "tussin" that will cure just about anything. ;)

Hey Antipop,

Not much you can do, get some rest. Your health is more important. Pneumonia can put you in the hospital.

Take care.

8. 300? Impossible! I've never gone over 170.

Watch out for those mitochardial infarctions.

Update: still not working. Must sleep.

I actually tried counting sheep once.........

9. yeah man that is impossible - a persons max heart rate is calculated by subtracting your age from 220. ie if your 23 (like me) your max heart rate is 197. thats not to say it wont go a bit over like 200-205 or something but that would be extremely rare. when you excercise you should only reach like 70-80% of you max heartrate.

10. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    getting over a bronchitas/bad asthma spell myself right now. my meds make me feel like crap, I hate taking them.

11. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    It is certainly quite possible to have a heart rate well over 200 in a 20 y/o. Have seen it many times

Most expectorants are generally prescribed as pacifier therapy, they rarely offer much relief if any. Be careful of double triple dosing, the emetic (dosed at the subemetic level for expectorants) will make you puke your guts up.

Mike

12. People, an obvious exaggeration. :rollno:

Okay there DR. Majorrager, Dr. mulacahy. :D

13. I'm coming down with a cold.

But noodles and OJ should pwn it soon enough.

14. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    That equation is for target heart rates for cardiac stress tests, depending on your test protocol. Though most young folks poop out before they ever hit it.

That's Dr. Mulcahy

Mike :ninja:

15. Sorry Doc. ;)

On a serious note,

I'm a 39 year old type II diabetic chained to my treadmill. That is useful information that my doc has never told me.

Thanks! :cool: