Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I Bought Me One Of Those New Ipod Photos

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by B'Aces High, Nov 19, 2004.

1. I have had it about a week now and i can tell you guys i love it. It wasnt cheap...but this is a great/fun gizmo. I take it everywhere now. I bought the 40gig version.
    I love how easy to use it is. Im already converting alot of my old cds and putting the tunes in my Pod. The notes/dates/address book stuff is kinda neat too. This is like a palm on steriods.
    The pictures that you can upload come out very clear and excellent quality. And hooking it up to your tv to create slideshows is a cinch.
    As i said..ive had it about a week now..and ive only had to charge it once...battery has been lasting a long time and i use this thing for at least a few hours a day.

My only gripes are this.

1. Earphones are kinda cheap...they feel like im going to break them if i grip them too hard. Plus it would be nice to have some sort of remote attached to the earphone wire so that way you dont have to take the pod out of the protective carrying case it comes with to adjust the song your listening too. I know Apple has such earphones for the Ipod they sell as an accesory...i may look into those.

2. The calendar...the only bit i really havent figured out...i can view it and dates..however i cannot mark anything down on them? Im thinking i need another program to do that from what ive been reading? Maybe someone here knows how to get it going?

3. Itunes...its an interesting program...i actually like the program itself...and it now has taken over the jobs of my winamp as main mp3 player. However...one thing i dont like...is that the Itunes store is not available in Canada...so i cannot buy mp3's. Im guessing they will bring it here eventually...and maybe it isnt here yet cause of all the legal hooplah about mp3 downloading here in Canada where it is still leagal to download them.
    I hope they bring the Itunes store to Canada though...it would make finding artists/bands/albums easier to find. And at good quality instead of some crappy bitrate or a song that is mislabeled or has pops in it.

Thats the only things i dont like as of yet...perhaps i will find more as time goes on. But besides those 3 points...i have to say its a great/fun piece of hardware. :hyper:

[​IMG]

2. that color screen is awesome. i've been trying to convice people that i need the U2 ipod for christmas. that or i'm going to buy my friend's first generation 10GB. both options will leave me with color screen envy.

robb.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    the iTunes music store will be available in canada really soon. fwiw

like probably next month.

The earbuds are kinda weak, I never used the apple ones, I mean, they sound okay, but they do feel a bit shoddy, there is a remote that comes with them?

to use the calendar, I think you need to use iCal which is apple's calendar application for OS X, I could be mistake though, I've never needed to use it.

4. Cool about Itunes..thanks for that update.

The earbuds that come with the Ipod photo are just standard ones i think that come with all Pods. But you can buy some of these seperately which have a remote..which i might do.
    [​IMG]

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Ahh, see my iPod CAME with the remote earbuds, it's a good remote design too, works with any set of headphones, so I only end up with half a white cord :p

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im very jealous.

Im thinking of upgrading my third generation 10 gig iPod as soon as some of these show up on eBay used.

My biggest issue was the headphones, they didnt fit my ears.