So I broke my wrist today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by johnm0187, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Good thing it's my right wrist and can still play bass. So the story:

I have weightlifting as a class and I play football for the 4th in the state highschool football team in Georgia. We're maxing out in weightlifting this week. Monday, and tuesday, went fine and we watched a movie wednesday.

So today we max at power cleans. So I warm up and get up to 215 which felt pretty easy. I put on 225 get psyched up drive flip my wrists and *CRACK* then I cussed many many times. My spoter had the most disgusted look on his face while I was in agony.

Yea so my wrist is killing me, and now I can't work out for a couple weeks.
  2. Make sure you take care of that and don't press it again too early. I hurt my left wrist once and it's never gotten completely better. I can still play bass, but when I have to lift something up and rotate my wrist, it pretty much gives on me. Should have seen a doctor about that particular injury.
  3. I have to echo what SomecallmeTim said, and tell you to take it very easy with your wrist for a while. I broke my wrist when I was a little younger than you are now, and it took nearly six months until it felt "normal" again. I'm not trying to freak you out, just give a little advice from someone that has been in your shoes.

Naturally, listen to your doctor, or physical therapist over anything you read here.

I wish you a speedy recovery. ;)