1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So I broke my wrist today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by johnm0187, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Good thing it's my right wrist and can still play bass. So the story:

I have weightlifting as a class and I play football for the 4th in the state highschool football team in Georgia. We're maxing out in weightlifting this week. Monday, and tuesday, went fine and we watched a movie wednesday.

So today we max at power cleans. So I warm up and get up to 215 which felt pretty easy. I put on 225 get psyched up drive flip my wrists and *CRACK* then I cussed many many times. My spoter had the most disgusted look on his face while I was in agony.

Yea so my wrist is killing me, and now I can't work out for a couple weeks.

2. Make sure you take care of that and don't press it again too early. I hurt my left wrist once and it's never gotten completely better. I can still play bass, but when I have to lift something up and rotate my wrist, it pretty much gives on me. Should have seen a doctor about that particular injury.

3. I have to echo what SomecallmeTim said, and tell you to take it very easy with your wrist for a while. I broke my wrist when I was a little younger than you are now, and it took nearly six months until it felt "normal" again. I'm not trying to freak you out, just give a little advice from someone that has been in your shoes.

Naturally, listen to your doctor, or physical therapist over anything you read here.

I wish you a speedy recovery. ;)

Mike