Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So, I discovered this GORGEOUS Roscoe...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ty McNeely, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    and I think I'm going to buy it.

I found an INCREDIBLE Roscoe SKB 3006 last Tuesday. Emerald green swamp ash body, maple neck, spalted purpleheart fingerboard, Bart-loaded (since I'm a newfound Bart lover :D)....

yeah, I'm in love.

I can't stop thinkin' about her. Already named her Beulah.

The askin' price ain't too bad either. I'll know more within a week. Wish me luck.

By the way--what does everybody here think about Roscoe's? Not that it's going to influence my decision, but I'm just curious.

FWIW, here's some eye-candy. Picture of the type of bass, then the color--they don't have the right color on the website :(

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Y'mean something sorta like this:

[​IMG]

(Cept for the fretboard, I know.)

3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

*Drool*

Yeah. Pretty much!

Not sure if it's the picture or not, but the one I'm yearning for seemed a lighter shade of green.

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Actually, it looks much like this one, except with an extra string :D

[​IMG]

That also appears to be a Pau Ferro fretboard.

5. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I've been playing Roscoe's for the last 8 years. I've currently got a LG-3005 fretted and a SKB-3005 fretless. I'd rather play a Roscoe than any other bass out there! Reguardless of price!

6. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    The Roscoe LG-3005 works for me too. Currently I have a fretless and a fretted. Also there's another fretless on order from Keith, with a few bells and whistles (lights up and down the neck, that kind of thing). It should be here pretty soon, and I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Here's a question for you: how do you like the Ash body? I was toying with the idea of ordering a fretted LG-3005 with an Ash body and Maple fingerboard, and was wondering about the physical balance of the instrument. My fretted bass has a myrtle body, which is pretty heavy and balances really well, and I was wondering whether you're getting any neck dive or anything like that with the lighter Ash body?

7. that's a nice bass

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    To be honest, I haven't strapped it on yet. I played it sitting down for over 45 minutes, but I was a bit strapped for time (no pun intended :p ). Whenever I go back to make sure I want to drop the cash like I think I do right now, I'm going to strap it on and see whats up :) I'll get back to you within a few weeks, hopefully with pics of my new bass :D

9. oh dern. another Roscoe thread. Yep, I luv em. I've got two. And just for fun, I think I should post a pic of my green one (again). I ordered this one through Adrian. It's not an SKB, and it's not a 6string. But, it's an example of Keiths green!!