1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So, I discovered this GORGEOUS Roscoe...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ty McNeely, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    and I think I'm going to buy it.

I found an INCREDIBLE Roscoe SKB 3006 last Tuesday. Emerald green swamp ash body, maple neck, spalted purpleheart fingerboard, Bart-loaded (since I'm a newfound Bart lover :D)....

yeah, I'm in love.

I can't stop thinkin' about her. Already named her Beulah.

The askin' price ain't too bad either. I'll know more within a week. Wish me luck.

By the way--what does everybody here think about Roscoe's? Not that it's going to influence my decision, but I'm just curious.

FWIW, here's some eye-candy. Picture of the type of bass, then the color--they don't have the right color on the website :(

2. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Y'mean something sorta like this:

[​IMG]

(Cept for the fretboard, I know.)

3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

*Drool*

Yeah. Pretty much!

Not sure if it's the picture or not, but the one I'm yearning for seemed a lighter shade of green.

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Actually, it looks much like this one, except with an extra string :D

[​IMG]

That also appears to be a Pau Ferro fretboard.

5. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I've been playing Roscoe's for the last 8 years. I've currently got a LG-3005 fretted and a SKB-3005 fretless. I'd rather play a Roscoe than any other bass out there! Reguardless of price!

6. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    The Roscoe LG-3005 works for me too. Currently I have a fretless and a fretted. Also there's another fretless on order from Keith, with a few bells and whistles (lights up and down the neck, that kind of thing). It should be here pretty soon, and I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Here's a question for you: how do you like the Ash body? I was toying with the idea of ordering a fretted LG-3005 with an Ash body and Maple fingerboard, and was wondering about the physical balance of the instrument. My fretted bass has a myrtle body, which is pretty heavy and balances really well, and I was wondering whether you're getting any neck dive or anything like that with the lighter Ash body?

7. that's a nice bass

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    To be honest, I haven't strapped it on yet. I played it sitting down for over 45 minutes, but I was a bit strapped for time (no pun intended :p ). Whenever I go back to make sure I want to drop the cash like I think I do right now, I'm going to strap it on and see whats up :) I'll get back to you within a few weeks, hopefully with pics of my new bass :D

9. oh dern. another Roscoe thread. Yep, I luv em. I've got two. And just for fun, I think I should post a pic of my green one (again). I ordered this one through Adrian. It's not an SKB, and it's not a 6string. But, it's an example of Keiths green!!