Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I finally got my new bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Human Bass, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Yesterday (Friday) I went to Steve's (I am in Toronto) to see the price for the MM Sterling, than I gave a look in the lefties basses and I see something that wasnt there before...a Fender American Deluxe Jazz!!! So I tried, love the tone, the SCN pups, the rolled edges and the montego colour and the most important...the neck shape!! Very fast, comfortable and slick but without the emptyness feel I got from Ibanez necks!

So i brought and I am more than happy with it!! It balances really well, the bridge is not massive but very well made. The only complain is that the heel is not sculpted as Fender claims (the plate that is sculpted :eyebrow: ) but I have no problem in reach the 22nd fret.

[​IMG]

By the way, I want to thank Nigel from Steve's for being so nice with me and the true bargain that was the price. Fender and Bill Lawrence really hitted the spot with those SCN pups.

2. Great looking bass. I love the color combo

may I be the first to get in a 'your bass is backwards LOL' joke

3. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    :eyebrow: :D

I am a very proud southpaw!!!

by the way, what i paid here for a American Deluxe would be the same that i would pay for a MIM in Brazil

4. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Great looking bass!! Congratulations. Also nice that you actually got good service from Steve's. Their Montreal
    guitar shop service is non existent....bunch of posers!

Enjoy!

5. Charmand G

Charmand G

Nov 30, 2005
    Norway
    Looks really sweet. I might want to pick up a Fender some time.