1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I found a good deal on a used amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chuck M, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I was looking at used amps on Guitar Center's website and spotted a like new TC Electronic BG250-210 which is the very amp I wanted. It sells new for $399 and they had that one marked $269. So I put it in my cart and proceeded to checkout and by the time they added sales tax and shipping it was up to about $320.

I did some looking around and found that Sweetwater does not carry that particular amp. I usually deal with Sweetwater because they have treated me so well in the past but since they do not stock the amp I went to Musician's Friend. The end of all that was they gave me $60 off so I got the amp new in the box for $339.99.

So while the used amp still would have been about $20 cheaper I did go for the new one since you never know what a used product has been through. It pays to do a little shopping.

lowplaces likes this.
  2. I’m happy for you. Santa’s little Elves worked in your favour!! :D

Old Garage-Bander and Chuck M like this.
  3. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yes they did. I've been using separate heads and cabinets for a long while and have been thinking it would be nice to just carry a combo amp. One of my friends uses this combo and it sounds great...of course he is one of those guys who makes everything sound great. One piece...44 pounds...I'm looking forward to it.

lowplaces and BassmanPaul like this.
  4. And there really is no standard for knowing the actual condition based on the description.
    You did well with your purchase.
    Happy playing.

BassmanPaul likes this.