1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I found an ampeg setup that I like!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Visirale, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I was at GC waiting for my friend to do the DrumOff (what a stupid and biased competition...) and I played an SVT Classic through the 610hlf. Now those of you that know me know I'm not a big ampeg fan... But this was good. Maybe I just absolutely despise the 810e. The ports really make a good difference to my ears. I know a lot of people don't like tube heads through ported cabs, but it was pretty good!

That being said, I can't wait for my mesa 810 to get here... because it is ported and has the massive speaker area of the 810. It's got the punch and the booty to back it up.

I left with intense GAS for a tube head though. It's been too long since I sold my Mesa Bass 400 in a spell of youthful naivety (for a LMII no less :().

With all that being said, if I showed up to a gig and the backline was an SVT Classic through a 610, I wouldn't be disappointed at all!

2. heath_r_91

heath_r_91

Jun 3, 2006
    Topeka Area, Kansas
    Endorse:Artus-Basshanger-Dava-EC-Hartke-Orange-InEarz-SHS-Tigi
    I know I love my SVT-4PRO through my SVT-610HLF.

I think the 610hlf is just an awsome cab...

3. +1,000

Same here!!

4. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

+1. It is rock solid too (MIA anyways!).

I also really like Bergantino 4cx10 and 4x10 cabs with Ampeg SVT-CL heads. Sounds incredible IMO.

5. mebass5

mebass5

Nov 27, 2005
    not the thing that cools it down... I'm a big Ampeg fan as well, after a lot of time spent trying to convince myself that solid state power sounded as good or better. Over the past year or so, I ended up using Ampeg on several fly dates with backline gear and I've pretty much made the switch. Admittedly I've had some issues with the new VR, but man when it's 'on', it just doesn't get any better to my ears. It's in for repairs right now, so I also own (as of today) and love the CL. Lately I've been using an SWR Grand Prix going into the power section of either the VR or the CL, and man what a great combination that is. It's very warm and round, but crisp and articulate as well. I use it/them with a 410HLF on stage to move some air, and it's a great sound!