1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I fractured my freaking hip

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ChorusPedal88, Sep 25, 2008.

1. ChorusPedal88

ChorusPedal88

Aug 25, 2007
    Ok wasnt sure where to put this..but anyway was involved in an automobile accident, last week and me and my bass got hit pretty bad, bass was sent in for repair a few days ago..

As for me, Chose not to have surgery, apparently its not needed plus the doc doesnt want to risk it with a bug going round hospital at the moment..but more important..

Lack of bass playing ..this is not good, anyone got an idea how long before I can start to at least get somewhere again, being stuck in bed with my laptop is fun at first but after a while, Well...I have a feeling I could go rather mad. :eek:

2. don't do it when your old.........i believe the hips have some wierd connection with the brain.....breaks in old age seem to cause dimentia.

3. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    better to get it fixed asap. at least it is something localized and diagnosed. good luck!

4. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Ouch!
    Basses can be fixed mostly.

Smart move by the doc. I had an "elective" surgery(leg re-break to lengthen) three years after a motorcycle accident. It got infected, healed after a year, and left a scar that "comes open" when bumped and stays open for months sometimes a year.

Also had 3 months in traction with a busted hip(ball on the femur went thru the socket, repaired with a pin holding the knocked off part in place) from the same wreck(I got hit by a "didn't see him" SOB). Best of luck with the hip. Talk to your ortho-doc and ask him to level with you, mine did. I asked him years ago about a hip replacement(constant pain, restricted motion). He told me the cost, risks, and how long the replacements last. I said forget it.

Be careful on how my acetametaphin/Tylenol-containing pain killers you take. My liver numbers got weird a while back due to decades of it. That would include Excedrin & its clones. It bugs me to see pediatricians give children so much of that crap.

PS: I had an amp nearby and bass within reach AND real friends.

5. I had a VERY minor hip fracture in my early 20's. It happened skiing. HOLY CRAP!! It hurt..........for weeks :( It's never bothered me since, thank God!!

Get well soon :(

6. ChorusPedal88

ChorusPedal88

Aug 25, 2007
    Thanks for the well wishes guys, and Johnny, yeah I've managed to talk to my doc, he says he plans to let it heel naturally, but it would result in me constantly being in bed and having little weight on my leg think of it as taking the longer route instead of the shortcut lol, as the pins are just basically put in to keep the bone down.

And my girlfriend is on the phone to a lawyer (bless her heart), as I was informed when I was in hospital talking to the nurse he had one too many and was arrested.

But in all honesty I just want to get back to what I do, even if I'm on painkillers for a year/the rest of my life, but if I am able to claim who knows I might get my hands on that Warwick beauty I've always wanted, but I find the former more satisfying lol.