So I Gave Away my Epiphone Jack Casady Bass...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RichardW, Aug 9, 2021.

1. RichardW

RichardW

Feb 25, 2016
    near Philly
    My daughter is getting married to a great guy and my wife and I couldn't be happier. This past weekend we held my daughter's wedding shower, and we had kind of an afterparty back at our house Saturday evening. The fiancé's sister was there. She had a banjo with her (all the kids play something, my future son-in-law is a guitar player), and when she brought it out I got my acoustic bass and we had an impromptu jam session, which was a lot of fun. At one point, my future SIL asked to play the ABG and I gladly passed it over and he handled it well.

The next morning, my daughter and future SIL were opening some presents they had received and it suddenly dawned on me: I wanted to give my SIL one of my basses as a gift. But which one?

I've got a J, a P, a fretless Squier, my ABG (a pawn shop rescue and not a great bass) and my Epiphone JCB. I like the JCB a lot, but I don't play it that often and it's been a couple of years since I've gigged with it. I thought that would make the best gift. My future SIL was touched and I was glad to do it. I know it's going to a good home and will be enjoyed, and I'll get to visit it occasionally. God willing, it could end up in the hands of a grandchild.

And now I get to think about a new bass to refill my rack! ;)

Sam Sherry, P. Aaron, kobass and 17 others like this.
  2. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    VERY generous of you, @RichardW.
    Man, you just gained major brownie points as well with your daughter, SIL, and likely everyone else in your family. Well done. :thumbsup:

3. Giving away a Jackbass? :crying:

Seriously, that's very nice of you.
    If you're not playing it, it's a shame for a bass like that not to get used.

Good for you, and good for the person who received it. :thumbsup:

Mike

nixdad likes this.
  4. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Well done.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    nixdad likes this.
  5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    What he said.

6. Ain’t nobody getting my JCB while I still have a pulse.

P. Aaron likes this.
  7. dalkowski

dalkowski It's "rout," not "route." Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    ya dun gude

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022