So I get tomorrow off work

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Dec 19, 2004.

1. because it is supposed to be -46C with the wind :help:

I am now having a 4 day weekend... working for 2 days then it is 2 weeks of xmas.

2. It was about that temperature here today.. (-44 i think it was) and is supposed to be about the same tommorrow....

Just to think eh, this isnt even supposed to be our coldest month...i wonder what January will bring. :p
  3. February usually seems worse for me

I am scared
  4. glad i booked the next 2 months off when i did. I could have had some rough days at work lol (im a carpenter)

So if you work outside...i feel for ya dude...i know what its like to work in the crazy climate in this country :)
  5. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

And to think I was upset because it was supposed to be +46F here tomorrow...

6. Whats that in celsius? 6? thats practically t-shirt weather here ;) :D
  7. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Hey, I actually wore a short-sleeve Hawaiian shirt to work today. With no jacket part of the time!

8. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    It was 37 celsius yesterday and sunny....28 today....I think I might go for a swim in the ocean....ahhhhh yeah!
  9. -46 C Man that temp. doesn't even exists where I'm at.

Anyway have a good time over the Christmas break and be merry and if you wanna be dull practice for hours on Christmas day :D
  10. Go figure- it's around 0F here now- actually have some snow on the ground, less than a quarter inch, but it's snow. Winter weather hits Wisconsin on Dec 17th...

11. Let me lend you a cinder block and a rope to tie it to your ankle for ya. Just so the strong ocean current dont carry you out ;)
  12. Our temps haven't really gone up much this summer. Its being unusually cool, really... :bag:

13. Thats not fair!!! Mississippi is further south than Arkansas is and its like 17 f here !

I hate the cold, only because here its gets cold and wet but yet we always lack the only good thing about winter....snow.
    It hasnt snowed here in like 5 or 6 years! oh how i envy some of you.......
  14. Here it's only -19 C or so, -30 C with the wind chill. It was still pretty freezing today. It seems to take time for your body to get used to it. Funny how in October, you've got to put a jacket on around 10 C, while in March you take off your jacket at 0 C. Weirdest thing.
  15. At least you have a valid exuse for not going to work. Right now it's about 45F, and raining. Except right now, it's so foggy you can't see more than three street lights in any direction.

We don't have cold, we have miserable. From about October through early May.

Rock on
  16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    70 F and clear as a bell. That what it is 360 days of the year here.
  17. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Today was a beautiful, sunny day as well.

brad cook
  18. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I love cold weather, I've lived in the north my whole life. Yes, it can be a little uncomfortable at times, and I would be lying if I don't grumble occasionally when it is -20F and sleeting outside. But I'd much rather live in the frozen north than any place warm. There's something comforting about seeing your breath outside. I was always facinated by that when I was a kid and I still am.

Go northeast!
  19. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    San Francisco in the summer: 65 degrees. San Francisco in winter: 65 degrees.
  20. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK