So I got a new car yesterday...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by johnm0187, May 15, 2005.

1. Brand new 2005 Nissan Altima. It has a total of 350 miles on it. It's goldish, grey...I think they called it coral sand. I'll try to post some pictures later today.
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Awesome! I know at least 4 people at my school with Altimas. Not a bad car, apparently they open up very nicely on country roads. Also, don't they (apparently) have really nice sound systems?
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Apparently they do. ;)

Congrats man, new cars are always fun.
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's what my wife wants, with a 3.5. Did you get the 3.5 or the 2.5?

brad cook
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Before I got my Maxima, I test drove the Alt 3.5. Bitchin'!!!!!!
  6. I got the 2.5 because of money. The sound system is actually a lot better than I thought it would be. I'm still trying to find a digital camera to borrow from someone to take some pics.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I like new Nissans
  8. The only real problem with the not really the cars fault (I don't think).

Before I start, ignore the non technical talk of car parts.

There's this red, waxy, lubricant stuff on some white and black parts under the dashboard on the drivers side. And my theory is, when the car is running, this waxy stuff melts and drips onto the carpet, while this stuff is easy to's a hassle. I'm pretty sure that it is the problem of the place where I bought it. I don't know if the wax is actually protecting anything or if I should just whipe it off, so I'm giving them a call tomorrow.

Hopefully everything will turn out good.

9. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    New cars rule.
    ah, very technical descriptions!!! ;)

I just bought a new-to-me car that can hold 2 double basses, a slab, and a rig all at once. Station wagons are the shiznit.