... so I got assaulted by a loony this morning ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WillPlay4Food, Jan 4, 2005.

1. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I went to the bus stop this morning to go to work, and there was some guy I'd never seen before waiting at the stop. I think nothing of it, walk up to the bus stop and place my lunch box on the garbage can like I always do. After about a minute or so, the other guy at the stop turns around and notices me. He gets right up in my face and makes one of those 'metal mad faces'. You know, the one where the lips look like:
    and I'm like, get outa my face dude.

He takes a step back, then barrels right into me! Mind you, we haven't said a word to each other.

He bounces me off the telephone pole and throws me to the ground, then starts punching and kicking me. I start kicking back and pushing him away, but it's difficult because I'm on the ground and this guy is on top of me.

We wrestled and traded punches for a couple minutes, and I get in a good kick that knocks him away from me. At this point, he completely stops, and walks into the convenience store.

I'm like OMG!?!?!?! ***!?!?!?!!? and call 911. I'm describing the situation to the dispatcher and this guy comes out of the store, and proceeds to get some cash from the ATM, and talk to a couple of teen-aged girls that saw the end of our struggle. I have no idea what he said to them, they left.

Anyway, this guy is not paying any attention to me at all whatsoever. He actually ends up standing with a bunch of kids who were waiting for their school bus and the bus stop happens to be right in front of the police station when the cops finally catch up to him.

So this guy tells the cops that he had had problems with me before and that he just couldn't keep it bottled up anymore and that's why he attacked me. I've never seen this guy before in my life. Weird thing is, the cops are like "You sure you've never seen this guy before? Because he lives really close to you, you know". I figure this guy must live at the halfway house at the end of our block but I don't know, they didn't give me his address.

The guy must have some kind of history though because he was arrested (he did tell the cops he attacked me too). I was surprised they arrested him on only my word.

What I'm worried about is this guy is going to get out at some point and he'll be living on my street.

So, has anyone else ever been attacked out of the blue without any provocation whatsoever?
  2. Holy crap man that story is messed up.

Yeah, I've been jumped before, but that one time was a mistaken identity thing... wierd itself. Sorry to hear.

You ok?
  3. Out of the blue? Yes. Without provocation? No. For the most part, I've deserved everything I got.

Back to you: That's just nuts. I'd attempt to get a restraining order...or just be prepared to kick ass at any given moment.

4. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Yea I'm OK. Thanks for asking. I've got a bit of a headache and some bumps and bruises but I'll be OK.
  5. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    See, this is what's bugging me. If I do get into a fight with this guy again, who and what are they going to believe? I'm still stunned that this guy just attacked me out of the blue. I'm not going to let that happen ever again. But if the guy starts another fight with me, are they going to believe that it wasn't retribution by me?

If this guy does live near me and somehow gets hurt, am I going to be suspect #1?

I'm hoping that whatever is wrong with this guy can be corrected, but if he ever gets within 5 feet of me again I know all I'll be thinking about is how to take this guy down. He got the jump on me this morning but I'm not ever letting that happen again.
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Get a restraining order? It might help.
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'd recommend getting some good pepper spray. Something nonlethal and temporarily disabling that won't leave any permenant damage on the guy. He's obviously mentally imbalanced but it would be senseless for you to bust up your knuckles fighting with this guy again. Fox Labs spray is good stuff. You can get it at www.comp-tac.com or www.selfdefenseproducts.com. Then again if he's really out of his mind then that stuff might not work. Who knows...

brad cook
  8. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That's crazy that he would just stop the fight and walk into a convenience store like it was the goal all along, then just come out and chat with people. If I ever kicked the crap out of someone for a reason that wasn't legally justifiable, I'd be out of there in a heartbeat. This guy's clearly got a screw loose. I doubt he even remembers much about you by now, much less does he have the inclination to hunt you down at a later time. Unless you encounter each other again, I'd bet he never gives you a second thought.
  9. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I have a case # and was told to come by the station in 2-3 days. I'll have to ask them then how to handle it. I'm thinking the guy is going to get arraigned today if they process him fast enough. If this is the case, he'll get whatever sentencing and probably be back out on the street by the weekend.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow sorry to here about that will play. Keep your doors locked when your home and it might not be a bad idea thinking about getting a stun gun or a firearm ( got to keep yourself and your basses safe ;) )
  11. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Sorry to hear about that man, yeah, def. get the pepper spray.
  12. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Well, I live on the 2nd floor and the building has a security door so I'm not too worried about someone breaking into the building.

However, my wife is due to have our baby Friday and if anyone ever tried hurting her or our baby... :mad: I'm more worried about them than I am any material object.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

This guy can be completely nuts and not even care or remember your incident today.
  14. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    woah! glad you were ok!

my friends and i are randomly attacked sometimes, but it's quietened down now that we dress less outrageously.
    i really want to carry pepper spray but it's illegal here :(

a few weeks ago when my friends and i were waiting at a bus stop at 3am this random guy in a suit came up to us, grabbed hold of my friend tom and shouted "DO YOU THINK YOU'RE WHITE OR BLACK?!" (tom is half lebanese, half white)..tom wisely said that he wouldn't answer cause whatever he said would be the wrong thing. he was proved right when the insane guy ignored his logic and started to try and punch him.
    luckily his friend held him back, but this guy was really persistant and continued to shout at tom and rush him.
    this other guy who was also waiting at the bus stop was helping tom out but the crazy dude was insanely persistant and strong. i think he must have been on coke because he had that coked out expression and kept shouting "I JUST WANNA BREAK SOMEONE'S NOSE!" when his friend tried to hold him back.

we called the police, and after about 30 minutes they came, but the guy ran away and instead they took the man who was helping us (who just happened to be black :meh: ) in for questioning, even though all 15 of us were saying that he was helping us and didn't do anything.

oh yes, and every 5 minutes the guy would walk away a few hundred yards, and then run back and smash bottles on the ground in front of us.
  15. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Somebody pulls that crap here and they might end up in a box. Plenty of people have concealed handgun licenses and would be more than happy to rid the planet of such f'ed up wierdos. You have to be real careful about your actions because you never know if someone has a handgun tucked away.
  16. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    uh, i would of been pissed too if i saw you put your lunch box on a garbage can...as if!!!

on a serious note, you need to keep in close touch with PD
  17. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    pfff.....i put that stuff on my breakfast tacos when they forget to put the chile verde in the to-go bag!!! :rolleyes:

:D ;)
  18. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Most CHL holders would recognize that the guy was unarmed and therefore this would not be a justifiable shooting in Texas unless you had one damned good lawyer. The thing that is taught first and foremost in Texas CHL class is restraint and conflict resolution.

brad cook
  19. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't know if this link still works because I'm at work and it's blocked but here's a scary example of a looney doing this kind of crap.

What the person in the car didn't realize though is that they were sitting right in their best defesive option. Release brake, apply gas.

brad cook
  20. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Lol, when you said loony I though you meant a Canadian dollar :D