... so I got assaulted by a loony this morning ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WillPlay4Food, Jan 4, 2005.

1. How odd.............and in answer to the last bit, me and my friends were once sat on this park, midning our own business, when this drunken girl got abusive. She then got it into her head we'd said summit bad to her, and then proceeded to call up her entire crew on us, and we had about 30 of this gits chasing us with knives. One of our friends got punched........we rang the police, and it took them FOUR HOURS to come. FOUR HOURS! :scowl:

2. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Take polaroids of whatever damage you incured from this individual.
    Bumps, cuts, bruises, etc. It could come in handy if there is more legal action further down the road.

It can sometimes help to be able to show what you suffered.

3. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    LOL :D But lets not stop at pizza. How about Chia-pets, life alert, Craft-Matic beds pretty much everything on tv. If we can make it look like he did they would commit him for sure. ;)

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Polaroids?! What is this 1985?

:smug:

brad cook

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    and don't forget to make as many photostatic copies of your pics as possible just in case you lose one!!!

:smug: :smug:

6. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Actually, the dude lives about a block away from me. I was also able to find out his home phone number thanks to teh intarweb. ;)

7. WOW !!!

Sorry to hear that, Willplay.

I don't know what else to say, except... :rollno:

Mike

8. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    :smug:

9. No, Brad. This is 2005 -- a full 20 years later than that... and smack-dab in the middle of an era where it is a piece of cake to pick up a computer, digital image, and spend a few minutes in Photoshop and make anything seem real. Hard to fake an actual Polaroid photo. ;)

10. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Exactly my point.

Thanx.
    :p

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh yeah?! Well uh...your haircut SUX. :p

brad cook

12. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Hey Brad, This is a little late but that's why you always carry a plant! :D

But, as was proven in the first case of someone with a CHL shooting an attacker, all you have to prove is that you thought your life was in danger when you used deadly force. That doesn't mean that the person attacking you has to be armed.

13. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    :D

14. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    That's crazy, is your neiborhood safe? I would make sure that both you and your wife had some pepper spray! I wouldn't let your wife and baby be by themselves in the parking lot or driveway too much. If you see him while in the presense of your family and he makes one wrong look I would take the offensive because of the history of this guy. That may seem a little too much to some but he already attacked you with no provication one time, if it were me and I had a new born and a history with someone I wouldn't take any chances! Good luck and prosecute his behind to the fullest extent of the law,restraining orders whatever you can get on him. Good Luck!

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hehehe...you've seen too many "bad cop" movies. :p

You're right about the life in danger thing but how many people have shot an unarmed man and then proven in court that their life was in danger? I don't believe there's much of a precedent for that...maybe in a few unique situations or something such as nighttime in your own house. I've just heard too many horror stories about it being turned around onto the person who was defending him/herself. If I really, honestly feel that my wife's life or my own life is in danger though... In this case I would most definitely have not used a firearm and I don't think I ever would on someone who I believed was unarmed. I know an unarmed man has the ability to kill a person but I just don't think I would have felt that my life was at risk.

brad cook

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'd just like to say, that I could make a real looking polaroid out of a digital image... beware.

I might recommend a tazer actually. Nothing says, "Hey crazy, leave me the **** alone" like 1000 volts to the scrotum.

17. Um...

Are we supposed to carry on a conversation as if we were all seventh graders?

18. I got jumped by red-necks for no reason almost exactly a week after my Dad died. I hate rude people. :scowl:

19. No you're a seventh grader! :p:p:p

20. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I've lived here since '97 and this is the first direct issue I've ever had. But, in the last two weeks someone parked a stolen car in my wife's parking spot (only 6 units total so it's not like some huge parking lot with thousands of spaces or anything), and my neighbor had his stickered license plate stolen. We had the stolen car towed by the police.

I bought two containers of pepper spray, so we're set there. The court has ordered him to have no contact with me.

As far as prosecution goes, I want to find out more about this person. If he truly has mental problems I'd rather he gets the help he needs to interact with society over jail time. If there aren't mental issues involved then I definitely would want him to have a 30 - 60 day break from everyday living so he can think about what he did. Either way I'll push for a longer lasting restraining order.

Luckily my state has victim's rights so I get to talk to the prosecutor before sentencing and make a statement to the judge if I choose to do so.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 26, 2021