... so I got assaulted by a loony this morning ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WillPlay4Food, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Hey its the new year, it takes me a while to turn get the comedy flamethrower working at full power.....i predict it should be ready by about December this year :)

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA

My friend has a parrot... we both agreed that the bird has to die... most annoying useless thing I’ve ever seen... what kind of psycho gives a parrot for gift...

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Well don't vacuum it's head or shoot it with an airsoft gun. Apparently that won't kill it. :smug:

brad cook

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Apparently not... i guess i'll have to let it live:(

5. What type is it? I have 2 senegals, a Mayahs, a sun conure, a cockatiel, and a budgie.

6. just judging their reactions, and decisions, im assuming its going to be the dead kind.

7. It best not be dead........ :mad:

8. i'm sure it was accidental. altho i'm not sure rat poison getting into the food could be considered accidental...:shrugs:

9. If they kill that bird, I'll bring the WPT down on their heads.

10. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    What's a WPT?

Is that like the People's Elbow or something?

11. Thats one messed up story.

I was jumped acouple years ago and was greatly out numbered. It all turned out ok though :ninja: . A friend of mine was attacked by a Hobo walking on the tracks once. The got the first hit in to the Hobo's head with his skateboard and knocked him out. He then continued to school and called the cops.

12. Skateboards are bloody lethal weapons.

13. Roberto

Roberto

Dec 24, 2004

Haha, no, that's not what I meant. Some dude bumped into my brother and me walking down the street. My brother told him to watch where he was going and the guy punched my brother in the face. We're both pretty big guys so I thought he was gonna retort accordingly but my brother was just flabbergasted. I can't remember being that angry ever and I kinda went beserk. I beat him up pretty bad.

This is a glorystory but I've been beaten up plenty of times myself.

14. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Christ dude... I have no idea:) I’ll find out today... its the annoying kind I guess :) pick the most annoying thing... its probably it.

Hmmm... They also recently got a rat problem too from the sounds of it... Hmmm indeed... Much better then borrowing a cat idea...

Its too bad Nick proved that vacuum don’t work…

:bag:

My best idea by far is… do what PITA wants me to do… set him free… fly away little bird.

15. World Parrot Trust. :cool: I now understand they were joking.....I just can't tell if people are joking on the tinternet.

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Never trust the Tinternet.

Dave, I just saw this thread now. That's pretty messed up-I'm sorry it happened to you! At least you're a pretty big guy-if it'd have been me (I've never been in a fight), he'd have probably sent me to the hospital. I hope they put him somewhere where he can get help.

17. I have paraiona so I always assume the person coming near me is gonna try to beat me down.

Yeah that sucks about the situation, all you can do really is put your hands up and defend yourslef. Pepper spray is probably the best way to go defending yourself.

I once was attacked randomly at a concert when i was 15 some drunk guy grabbed me and started throwing punches, I manged to get him to the ground and then started kicking him in the ribs until the bouncers stepped in and tossed him.

18. Rav

Rav

Dec 29, 2004
    Aurora, IL
    As I read the convo about texas and CHL requirements for defense one of my friends came over who is a CHL instructor here in Plano at the bullet trap. ( a range/training facility )

The test for use of deadly force in Texas that applys to this is 1) you have to beleive your life is in imminent danger and 2) you have no avenue for retreat.

Meaning if you can run away your obligated to. If you tried to get away from an unprovoked attack and couldn't i.e. knocked down being hit. And you really think your life may be in danger you can draw and shoot to kill. Regardless of what level of force the attacker is using or if he is armed or not. In this respect its the same as the justification police have. If someone is agressive and in the act of attempting to harm you and within 30 feet of you they are considered potentially lethal unarmed.

As a side note you don't need a CHL license and a concealed weapon for this statue to apply. When you were on the ground if you grabbed a pipe and killed the guy with it its the same justification.

Here is the part most people don't know. Just because you justifyably shot him doesnt mean you would be taking the next bus to work. You will be arrested no matter how obvious the justification is, you will goto jail and you will have to appear before a grand jury to plead the justification. They have the power to decide if it was justified or not. If they decide its not justified you will be tried for murder or manslaughter. If they agree with you then you get to go home.

It will screw up your life, you probably will spend a couple months in lockup or faced with posting a hugh bail to be out. You will also have an arrest record from that day forward.

Killing someone even in self defense usually has some serious consequences. The whole idea is the only time its worth going through with all of the aggravation is when you were in fact actually in danger of dying.

-Rav

19. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland
    True. Around here knowing martial arts and getting into a fight is automaticly Assault with a Deadly Weapon. Wouldn't want to get 10 years just because some drunken idiot felt like taking his fists to someone.

In a threathening situation, the first weapon of a martial artist is his tongue. The second one is his feet - for running away.

20. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I've never really been in a fight either but yea, I have some height/weight advantage that helped me out.

I vacillate between hoping he gets help and hoping I get a chance to fight him again. I feel like he took away some of my self respect and the only way to get it back is to beat it out of him. :meh:

Just knowing the f&*$#% lives down the street bugs me out. I just want to go to his house and ask "*** is your problem man? Why did you do this?" I hate that it keeps renting space in my head. I hate that this event ruined my trust in anyone I don't know personally. I hate knowing that unless I want to take a chance of getting caught that I'll never be able to exact revenge on this person for what he took away from me.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 16, 2021