So I got contacts...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, May 12, 2004.

1. and i've already lost one. Last night as I was driving I must have brushed my eye or something to make it fall out, and then I was left one eyed untill I could pull over to let my friend drive. We searched my car and my clothes for about an hour and found nothing. So now I have to wear glasses again untill a new order comes in. Do any of you have any advice on getting used to contacts and NOT LOSING THEM!?!?
  2. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    A contacts container,should help. -Luke
  3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Don't rub your eyes. It's easier said than done, but you'll get used to it. People do not realize how often they rub their eyes until they get contacts and they can't anymore. It's not uncommon to have problems (lost or torn lens) when you first try contacts, but those problems will become less and less frequent. Of course, it will still happen every now and then. Did you only have one pair of contacts? I get 6 packs of 2 month lenses - it's a good way to go because with a little care they actually last much longer than 2 months so if you get your next batch after a year you'll have 'left overs'. It means you always have spares around and will get by fine without going to the doc if you loose one.
    It's all an adjustment, but it will become very natural and comfortable. When I first started wearing contacts (about 16 years ago - dang, I'm getting old…) …anyway, I had a very strong blink reflex and I used to have to use my left hand to hold my top eyelid open while I inserted the lens with my right hand - before long, I didn't need to do that to do that anymore, after a couple of years I could look strait ahead and just put them right in (no blink) Now days, I can take my finger and stick it in my eye and touch my eyeball feel around, keep my finger touching the eyeball for 30 seconds or more - easily and it doesn't even make me blink. You'll get used to them.
  4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Good thing it fell out, instead of sliding back behind your eye and slicing your brain to pieces.