Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I Got My New Bass Player Magazine........

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ebozzz, Sep 23, 2002.

1. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    and there is my man Mad Subwoofer in the Working Stiffs section passing on that effects knowledge! :D ;)

2. Saw that as well. Congrats, Mad Sub!

3. which bass player is this?

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    It's in the October issue.

5. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I'll have to go buy that... thanks for mentioning it was in there.

6. Oh good; then i can collect on my commission.
    :D
    Kinda nutty tho' huh? I am unsure of what to think but i guess that it is pretty kewl... Thanks for the props guys?

7. whos on the cover... i dont have any of my bass players in front of me and im going to be at the gc tomarow so if i dont have it i can pick it up.

8. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Ray Brown

9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Living in Hawaii, I won't get my copy until November
    .........so Congrats Mad!!!!!

10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

FYI - Mad Subwoofer already started this same thread several days ago.

BTW - That review of the BB1000 shows how bad the gear reviews are getting. The article supports what a piece of utter trash that bass is. Yet it gets good numerical ratings. Plus, Yamaha took out a full page ad in that issue. Coincidence???

11. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Does anyone else that subscribes to Bass Player get their issues later than they appear at the stands/stores. They are supposed to come out for subscribers on the 15th of the month (and I have sometimes received them as early as the 17th occasionally), but the Sept./Entwistle issue showed up on the 27th and here it is, the 25th and I still don't have the Oct./Ray Brown issue.

I have every issue since day one (including the "test" issues) and have just sent them a check for another 3 years (for the 3rd time in 9yrs.). This has happened many times over the years and when I've complained they said they would extend my subscription a couple issues, only to end up with doubles of a couple. :rolleyes:

12. I had some exceedingly unpleasant experiances as a subscriber to BP. My issues frequently arrived 2 weeks after the issues on the stands and more often than not, in misreable condition. I complained often then finally cancelled my subscription after which I had to fight with them about my refund which i never received. I will never subscribe to them again after their lame service. I was ripped off as far as I am concerned. They acknowledged in one issue the problems that they had been having but that wasn't enough for me. Mighty nice of them to feature me though..(!)

13. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I usually end up with two copies....the one on the newstand because I can't wait......and the one that comes in the mail a month later:(

14. Much respect, MadSub...but I gotta second my man rickbass' sentiments about big advertisers getting better reviews....and don't even get me started on how atrocious bassplayer.com has gotten...

15. yeah, it's like they stuck their heads in a coffee can or something. I don't get it. Don't they realize how truly awful things have gotten? That new website is a crime. Such a waste...I almost hate to keep giving them my $$. I guess I'll have to for a while more though...due to that article thing and all(!)

16. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I subscribe to Gig Magazine that was bought out by the same corporation that owns Bassplayer...and they just gutted the mag!.........it's just rehash articals from Guitar/Bass/keyboard player magazine.
    It really F*&^ing blows!!!

17. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I mean, sure it is nice to be published, but is this meant to get us out thereand finding gigs?

How many guitarists or drummers even pick up a copy of Bass Player magazine by mistake?

18. Ummm....you mean it isn't just set-up just as a means for us lowbrow types to gloat over their friends, act all smug and generally be all obnoxious and holier-than-thou for a period of 30 days??
    Oh damn....I think I have a whole lotta 'splainin' to do....
    :p

19. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    :D :D ;) Gloat on Brother!

20. Since the latest (airfreighted) copy of BP sells in the stores here for around $24NZD (hell, a set of Warwick bass strings are only $6 more!), I almost always have to steal a read @ the local Borders... ;)