Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So, I got my Trace head yesterday.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by justBrian, Sep 25, 2003.

1. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I love it. It's a pre-Gibson AH600SM7, and it RAWKS! I'm running it into 2 Avatar CB112s-- one through each channel. It's supposed to put out 600 watts @ 4 ohms-- 300 watts/side. I've got each 8 ohm cab into the separate channels and it sounds just great. I tried daisy-chaining them together but it seemed much louder when they were in the separate channels. THe EQ section will take some getting used to-- it's got 2 pre-shape switches; a 7 band eq with an output level control, plus an in/out switch; there is also a knob for the eq that can be set for emphasizing the lows, the highs, or flat (it rotates kind of like a blend control); plus the normal gain and volume controls. The amp cannot be bridged, but it's still really loud. There is a really cool built-in black light that illuminates the front panal-- but it doesn't work. That's about the only thing that's wrong with it. It's built like a freakin' tank-- weighs in at just over 50 lbs (22 kilos?) and came in its own tolex rack. I'll use it live next Friday and try to give a full report after that. All in all, a really kickass amp.

Does anyone know where I can find a schematic? I want to repair the lamp.

2. sorry i don't have a schematic.

Just curious on your opinions on Avatar 1x12s because they seem to be top contending as the Bassis(pun intended) for a future rig
    (and by rig I mean my first true rig:moving from combo to more power, sound quality, etc.)

What kind of music do you play by the way?

Glenn

PS- try contacting Trace Elliot, however I have a feeling its turned into a bureaucracy since being purchased by Gibson and finding such a specific piece of information in a company as big as Gibson would be very difficult/nearly impossible.

Trace Elliot Contact Information

3. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I really like the avatars. With the horns, they are the sound I was looking for. They also are perfect with my SWR Electric Blue head-- jazz gigs with my URB.
    My rock band is all original-- sort of Dave Matthewsish meets REM. We play out 2-3 nights/month. Now we're trying to finish a demo so we can concentrate on new stuff.

4. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I really like the avatars. With the horns, they are the sound I was looking for. They also are perfect with my SWR Electric Blue head-- jazz gigs with my URB.
    My rock band is all original-- sort of Dave Matthewsish meets REM. We play out 2-3 nights/month. Now we're trying to finish a demo so we can concentrate on new stuff.