1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So, I got my Trace head yesterday.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by justBrian, Sep 25, 2003.

1. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I love it. It's a pre-Gibson AH600SM7, and it RAWKS! I'm running it into 2 Avatar CB112s-- one through each channel. It's supposed to put out 600 watts @ 4 ohms-- 300 watts/side. I've got each 8 ohm cab into the separate channels and it sounds just great. I tried daisy-chaining them together but it seemed much louder when they were in the separate channels. THe EQ section will take some getting used to-- it's got 2 pre-shape switches; a 7 band eq with an output level control, plus an in/out switch; there is also a knob for the eq that can be set for emphasizing the lows, the highs, or flat (it rotates kind of like a blend control); plus the normal gain and volume controls. The amp cannot be bridged, but it's still really loud. There is a really cool built-in black light that illuminates the front panal-- but it doesn't work. That's about the only thing that's wrong with it. It's built like a freakin' tank-- weighs in at just over 50 lbs (22 kilos?) and came in its own tolex rack. I'll use it live next Friday and try to give a full report after that. All in all, a really kickass amp.

Does anyone know where I can find a schematic? I want to repair the lamp.

2. sorry i don't have a schematic.

Just curious on your opinions on Avatar 1x12s because they seem to be top contending as the Bassis(pun intended) for a future rig
    (and by rig I mean my first true rig:moving from combo to more power, sound quality, etc.)

What kind of music do you play by the way?

Glenn

PS- try contacting Trace Elliot, however I have a feeling its turned into a bureaucracy since being purchased by Gibson and finding such a specific piece of information in a company as big as Gibson would be very difficult/nearly impossible.

Trace Elliot Contact Information

3. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I really like the avatars. With the horns, they are the sound I was looking for. They also are perfect with my SWR Electric Blue head-- jazz gigs with my URB.
    My rock band is all original-- sort of Dave Matthewsish meets REM. We play out 2-3 nights/month. Now we're trying to finish a demo so we can concentrate on new stuff.

4. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I really like the avatars. With the horns, they are the sound I was looking for. They also are perfect with my SWR Electric Blue head-- jazz gigs with my URB.
    My rock band is all original-- sort of Dave Matthewsish meets REM. We play out 2-3 nights/month. Now we're trying to finish a demo so we can concentrate on new stuff.