1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So I got the memo.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MakiSupaStar, Apr 5, 2009.

1. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I guess you can get too high. Now my foot is broken in three places. :scowl::meh:

2. Hopefully not the one you tap with when you grooving!

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    pics or breaks don't exist ;)

Oh, and full story please :D

4. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Weird cat is here to cheer you up Daren.;)

[​IMG]

Pics or no broken....whatever,I'm a wuss when it comes to stuff like that.

5. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    So here's my foot. Go for the cast and consultation with a orthopedist tomorrow. Just hoping the break is clean enough to not require surgery. I broke the metacarpal bone in my three outside toes on my left foot.

fouchy.

I was training on a waverunner is about 4 foot surf. The surf was wind swell, not to mention there was wind on it as well. This translates to unpredictable, close interval waves that sometimes break early because the tops get blown off them. So I was jumping waves, and got a little too confident on one wave. Approached it with too much speed, while at the same time the wind got ahold of it and kind of threw the lip sideways. The result was me getting too high and landing on my port side gunnel. The wave runner not only landed dead level (as far as the bow and stern are concerned), which automatically creates a bad impact, but because I was rolled slightly in the air, the waverunner rolled when it landed, instantly tossing my body, but trapping my foot in the gunnel, which created that lovely snap I heard.

fml.

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Good job clearing up the too high part.

I actually think you were chasing a young Asian again..

7. That sucks man, is it going to affect you working as a lifeguard for the summer?

lowsound

8. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Depending on whether or not I need surgery, I should be healed up by then. It definitely affects working on the weekends this spring though.

9. I hope some asian chicks arrive to minister to your grevious injury.

And, hey, at least you got hurt doing something you like.

get well soon, sir.

10. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Hehe, for a sec there I thought it was gonna be a really awesome stoner type thang. Instead its a maki vs. surf thang :D

11. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    That's gotta suck. Hope you don't need surgery.

12. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    ouch.

13. Not sure that's too much of a consolation....I got my right hand chewed up by a Crocodile Monitor and even though I love reptiles that still didn't make it any easier to swallow.

Maki, fingers crossed (even the one that no longer bends due to the aforementioned lizard) that you don't need surgery. Get well soon!

14. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    +1.

I kept thinking "What'd he do while high that'd get him to break his foot in 3 places??" Surfing. Gotcha.

15. i was also thinking "stoned while wave running.. maybe not an amazing idea" haha

GWS

16. Smoov.

17. steve21

steve21 Banned

If he was high driving the wave runner he wouldn't be going fast enough to get hurt.

18. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    An old friend of mine nearly severed his ankle doing the exact same thing that happened to you, but he was out in storm surf. Dumbass. Not you, him. Well, maybe you. I don't know you.
    Anyway, crossing my fingers for you. If it's bad, at least you'lll have a chance to get your post count up.

19. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    The English language...

...its a beautiful thing!!

:D

20. UP??? Have you seen his post count???