Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I got the rack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by karrot-x, Mar 27, 2005.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Yup, 4u roller x skb rack it's nice :). I have the 2u M-Pulse 600 and need to fill the other 2 u's. I'm wanting a power conditioner not sure which one. I'm guessing furman and some kind of a 1u effects. What would you guys suggest for both?

I sort of did a search didn't come up with much on the power conditioner so any advise you guys have would be great.

2. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    When space is limited, a Furman PL Tuner comes in handy. It's a power conditioner with built-in tuner. Not a GREAT tuner, but adequate, and more convenient than a hand-held. They are no longer manufactured, but there were two on Ebay last week.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    In a 4 Space rack with a 2U amp, I always used an

ART SP 4X4 Power Conditioner / Light Module and a
    Korg DTR-2 Digital Rack Tuner

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Yup. The DTR-2 is one of the best investments I've made. I've had mine since the early 90's. I put it my amp head's loop, then the mute feature is particularly nice.

Every guitarist I've played with (all with combos, like Twins or JC120's) has been envious.

My next rack will have it too...along with a rear rack mount power strip.

5. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    A wireless unit maybe?

That or a tuner.