Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I got this instead of a Sansamp BDDI...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Badmuthaplucka, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Badmuthaplucka

Badmuthaplucka Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    Greetings, I haven't really introduced myself so I though I'd start off with a little show and tell....

I decided to get a Siegmund Micro Tube Overdrive instead of the Sansamp because it has a real tube in it, it was cheaper (used) and believe it or not it's smaller!

So far I have only tried it with my Fender RAD practice amp and it did do a very good job in warming it up and giving me a B-15 like tone. I haven't messed around with the over drive settings but I planing on trying it with my main rig soon.

Anybody ells have experience with Sigmund products?Apparently they are pretty well known in the guitar world.

Attached Files:

2. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Oh man that looks sweet ! Can I ask where you bought it from? :)

Looking forward to hear what you think about the overdrive sound of it. :hyper:

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Does it work as a DI?

4. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    I got it off of ebay. This is model discontinued. I wanted the Micro Tube DoubleDrive but it's pretty expensive new. You can only get it direct from Sigmund. Here is the URL: http://www.siegmundguitars.com/tubepedals.html

5. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    No, but I have MXR DI to take care of that.

6. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    Isn't the MXR the same the Sansamp, functionwise?

7. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Ouch that's expensive! Or well, as expensive as sansamp and sadowsky preamps I guess :)

Any chance that you could do a soundclip mate? Eventually one with clean and one with the drive ;) would be more than great!

Thanks!

8. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.

Sorry, I don't have the capability.