1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So I got this instead of a Sansamp BDDI...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Badmuthaplucka, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Badmuthaplucka

Badmuthaplucka Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    Greetings, I haven't really introduced myself so I though I'd start off with a little show and tell....

I decided to get a Siegmund Micro Tube Overdrive instead of the Sansamp because it has a real tube in it, it was cheaper (used) and believe it or not it's smaller!

So far I have only tried it with my Fender RAD practice amp and it did do a very good job in warming it up and giving me a B-15 like tone. I haven't messed around with the over drive settings but I planing on trying it with my main rig soon.

Anybody ells have experience with Sigmund products?Apparently they are pretty well known in the guitar world.

Attached Files:

2. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Oh man that looks sweet ! Can I ask where you bought it from? :)

Looking forward to hear what you think about the overdrive sound of it. :hyper:

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Does it work as a DI?

4. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    I got it off of ebay. This is model discontinued. I wanted the Micro Tube DoubleDrive but it's pretty expensive new. You can only get it direct from Sigmund. Here is the URL: http://www.siegmundguitars.com/tubepedals.html

5. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    No, but I have MXR DI to take care of that.

6. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    Isn't the MXR the same the Sansamp, functionwise?

7. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Ouch that's expensive! Or well, as expensive as sansamp and sadowsky preamps I guess :)

Any chance that you could do a soundclip mate? Eventually one with clean and one with the drive ;) would be more than great!

Thanks!

8. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.

Sorry, I don't have the capability.