1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So I Had a Customer Have Me Blend Ghee into His Coffee.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by warwick.hoy, Mar 10, 2013.

1. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Anyone else try this? Is it any good?

They just handed me a cup of coffee with some ghee in it and I slowly poured it into our Robot Coupe (really expensive NSF food processor); as If I were emulsifying a dressing.

Coconut oil got mentioned too. I'm not sure if that's what it was or if it was strictly clarified butter.

Yes I sanitized the Robot Coupe workbowl and blade afterwards.

2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    That's odd. But you will never see me add anything to my coffee :D

3. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Nov 17, 2010
    In Tibet they take their tea with salt and yak butter all emulsified into an unusual concoction. Due to the high altitude, the salt helps them to retain water and maintain hydration. Also, their diet is very low in fat, so they need to add it where they can.

4. Well we use ghee. In our lentil curries, on our paranthas.

In our coffee? Not in our wildest dreams :eek: At least with the kind of ghee we have here, it's nearly impossible to think how it could be any good with any sort of beverage.

5. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

Aug 23, 2011
    At first when I read the thread title, I thought- ekh.

Looked up Ghee, and now it actually sounds kinda good. I know sometimes when there's no cream I'll use milk and a bit of butter or icecream in my coffee.

6. No, I haven't done that and I prefer my coffee to taste like coffee. I don't even add cream or sugar.

7. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    I've put a pinch of garam masala in my coffee before, but I don't think I would dump clarified butter into it.

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Im a straight black coffee drinker myself.

Though, ghee doesnt seem all that strange when you consider the kinds of things some people put in their coffee, like Coffeemate.

9. french vanilla hazlenut pumpkin mint

10. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I might knock on that suff nowadays, but back when I first started drinking coffee flavored CoffeeMate was essential. Usually French Vanilla. These days, its Black or Send it Back.

11. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana