so, I have a show friday

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by The Antipop, Nov 16, 2005.

1. and the guitarist broke his knee.

do I sit in a chair aswell (not in the same one) and look boring or stand up and play... and look boring?

I am gonna stand but I thought I'd mention how it sucks for my guitarist.... we now have to load all of his crap.

I am sure this may end up being a story after friday as this is 3 flights of stairs to get to the vehicle from the jam room.

Any other stories of band mates or people playing well... broken?

Should probably do a search but I am off to bed
  2. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005

Well, don't look boring, whatever you do.

You have to cover for him :bassist:
  3. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    props to the guitar player for sticking it out, the show must go on, and all that. You other guys shouldn't change anything, that would just make it weird looking. I once played a gig 8 hrs post-op from surgery on a torn rotator cuff & torn bicep. Both were on my left side, right where the bass strap rides. I got through ok, thanks to vitamin V (Vicoden). Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I dig overcoming injuries/illnesses/adversity so that the gig can go on. As if my lack of talent isn't enough to overcome on an every gig basis. :D
  4. cover for him? man, he has like 120lbs or something on me

I get it... don't worry

Buzz... props... just props man.
  5. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    Thanks dude, that I consider to be one of my best gig moments. Shame there are so few of them , LOL :)