1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So i have achieved something no one else has (i think)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Number27, May 9, 2010.

1. i've never heard of this happening to anyone else... ever... but hey maybe some places are different.

i was just recently written up at work (that's a formal diciplining) for violating our anti-harrassment policy. now i know what you're thinking "pah, people harrass people all the time in the work place. nothing new". ah but no. i did not sexually harass anyone, i did not make fun of jews or black people or gays or any of the other "usual" suspects. nope. i was written up for insulting icelandic people. :confused:

completley inadvertant too. i made an offhand comment about iceland and mentioned whaling (i believe i used the term whale murdering), and this woman went on this huge rant about how whaling isn't really murdering if it's for sustainance and what not, blah blah. i thought it was really strange at the time because i'd never met someone who was so anti anti-whaling (usually you get people ranting against whaling and such). that and i didn't really care. i've never ever given 2 craps about animal rights, and i don't even know why i said it (i get a little crazy after being up all night?). so to invoke such a reaction from that view point i thought was strange.

anyway, fast forward a couple days and i get written up because apparently this woman has icelandic ancestors and she found it offensive towards iceland. go figure, first time for everything. maybe she was just feeling a little sensitive over iceland ruining air traffic for 3 weeks last month?

[EDIT]oh and it turns out that it wasn't even iceland i was thinking of... it was the faroe islands.

2. Whoops! thought i was in Offtopic... could a MOD please move this for me? o_O

3. That's awesome.

Get her written up for offending your animal rights beliefs.

Then maybe pursue some hot make up sex?

4. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    and you were right...It is WHALE MURDERING

Strange strory.........but I believe it is time to give animals respect and rights.

To feel pain is to suffer

5. rovito

rovito

Jun 26, 2005
    Maine
    Tell her that your ancestors used to murder the Icelandic people for sustainance but realized it was wrong and stopped!

6. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    lol, I don't think you'd better tell her that!

7. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Didn't the Icelandic people used to be called Vikings?

8. Those people need to learn not to be so sensitive.