Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

so i have mono...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Feb 26, 2003.

1. and that kinda sucks. on one hand i'll probably be laid up all spring break. on the other hand it's all snowy back at home anyway and it's better than being sick and missing classes.

i hope this virus knows who it's tangling with. watch your damn back, mononucleosis.
    I WILL BURY YOU.

wishing the rest of you good health,
    -dance

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good luck with it, dude. how'd you get it?

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Probably comes from dancing around half-naked with busty Spanish ladies.

:D :eek:

Seriously, be careful. Mono almost killed me at age 15, and kept me in the hospital for three months.

4. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    who have you been kissing?;)

5. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    The kissing desease....Well, I am home with the flu...my neighbor just brought me over some theraflu...yuk...but to go back to work...I will do anything.:(

6. That sucks, I'm sorry. :(I've never had mono, but I guess I have to count my blessings.

Hope you get better DHC! Drink lots of fluids, blah blah.

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...you want mono...

Ask our fellow TBer Dirty Road Cola to tell you how he contracted the disease one day....

:eek:

:D

8. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    not sure how i got mono, but it ended up making me stay home for 3 days over my 18th birthday.

i felt perfectly fine, just a little tired and achey. but they made me stay home. bastards! :D

9. Take care o'dat.

Get well soon.

Mike ;)

10. A friend of mine just contracted mono, He's going to miss alot of school.

Hope ya feel better.

11. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    no fun. had in college...it's like the endless flu crap...
    good luck--I recommend Jim Beam and Coke..somehow that makes me feel better no matter the cause. strange.:rolleyes:

12. cronus

cronus Guest

Jan 17, 2002
    Romulus, Michigan
    its not only from kissing i think, my friend had a different kind of it, and during a concert he fell asleep right by the PA, i guess it puts you right out if your in need for sleep :D

13. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Very funny....He is going to kick your butt for that one :D

14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    :(

15. Sorry to be ignorant, but what is Mono?

I'm probably gonna regret asking that, and I hope you get better soon, DHC:(

16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Oh, it IS funny...

...let's just say it relates to his "handle", and leave it at that! ;)

And I ain't worried about him kickin' my butt or any other part of my anatomy, he's a student of mine, I can REALLY punish him if he gets outta line! :eek:

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Mononucleosis is the full name of this exqusite little inconvenience...it is a viral infection that is quite unpleasant, but is generally not dangerous to those infected. It is however very infectious, and you should remain quarantined while infected, so as not to spread the disease to others.

18. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA

19. Oh. Sorry:oops: :(

20. actually that's not true. as long as you avoid sharing glasses/utensils/towels, there's not much risk of infecting other people. in fact, this here leaflet says that my roommate is in no greater danger of being infected than anyone else on campus.

it also says that people with the disease can only recall being in contact with an infected person in six percent of cases. i have no idea how i got it.