So, I have this plan to lose weight.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I love food. But I really love tuna, eggs, chicken, and salad... So here is my plot... Eat nothing but these items:

Tuna (low fat mayo mixed in)
    Baked Chicken (breadless)
    Diet Soda
    Peanuts/cashews etc...

Top all that off with weight lifting 2 times a week, skating every day, and hockey once a week.

I'm currently 225lb and 5'11 and I want to get down to 180-190

Sound like a good plot?
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Think skinny thoughts.
  3. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    You ever look at the nutritional info on a pack of peanuts/cashews? Might as well chug vegetable oil while you're at it. ;)
  4. What he said.

The rest doesn't look too bad though. Logging some time on the treadmill would also help.
  5. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Do what I did.

Stop eating fast food and drinking soda.
    Trust me it will snowball BIG time.
    I lost a LOT of weight because my stomache is tiny (litteral)now, and I eat healthy.

Also just eat half of what you normally eat, put in fridge. Hour later if you are still hungry, eat it. You'd be suprised how much you eat when you aren't hungry. ;)

I say do that, because your plan will be very hard to start, and keep. Snowballing effect just makes it so much easier, in my opinion.
  6. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    You could always get some of those healthy sammichs from Subw... er, nevermind.

7. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
  8. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    You're pretty much doing a modified atkins diet. Change the mayo to regular. If you eat strictly that diet, and DON'T go nuts with large portions, you WILL lose weight. Nuts are high in fat and calories, but they won't hurt you at all eaten in normal quantities. I have almonds almost every day.
  9. 'JC'

Mar 14, 2000

10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Eat less, move more. It's very simple.
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just try and poop more.

brad cook
  12. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Besides, your body needs fat to survive, and nuts have good fats in them.

Good luck. With the weightlifting and other stuff you listed you should see the weight come off.
  13. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    LOL :D
  14. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Ok Mike, you wanna lose weight, at your age, here's how you do it.

Move Out Of Your Parents.

I call it the Poor Diet. Basically, when living with your parents, odds are you're going to have a steady supply of food. More food than you really need. With this excess supply you will in turn eat excessive amounts of it.

This plan is based upon only being able to afford enough food to survive. Or, go the poor by choice route and spend what extra money you have on bass gear or other Essentials (like bass gear) instead of food.

What will you need for this plan?
    Well, first you're going to have to find a cheap place to live, if you've got money for a nice apartment...this plan probably will not work for you.

you will need a ****ty job. Preferably slightly above minimum wage. Fast food cannot be opens back up that supply of food, and you dont' want that. I recommend Radio Shack, that way, you won't be making any money, but people will think you have a cool job(though you won't) and you'll get to play with overpriced electronics(or find 10,000 cordless phone batteries for people).

Buy yourself a loaf of break, a bottle of mustard, and your least favorite(preferably lowfat) lunchmeat. That's your back-up too keep from starving to death.

just try to keep yourself to one meal a don't have the luxury of snacking now, so you don't have to worry about that. Two meals a day is tolerable, but you won't be able to afford that often enough to make it an issue.

And there you have it. People will notice the difference before you will, if you notice it at all.

Hey, I lost 50lbs over 8 months doing this....and it's healthier than a lot of diets I hear about :D
  15. frankosaurus

Feb 27, 2002
    San Jose
    Sounds like a good plan! Probably wouldn't hurt to take a daily multivitamin, too.

As for nuts... some are better than others in terms of the fat. Walnuts probably have the best lipid profile of nuts... they have valuable omega 3s. You may already get enough from tuna though.

SnoBassMan -- funny, the poor diet has a minor flaw... you can get 24 packs of ramen for ~ US$2 from costco!!
  16. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Sounds a lot like what happened to me when I went away to college!
  17. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Ramen (and other bread diets) are silent but deadly killers. You'll feel full right until the point you fall over from protein malnourishment. :)
  18. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    go REALLY easy on the nuts. And eggs are great, but only do egg whites...lose those yolks. Go easy on the fruit...while healthy and necessary for vitamins, they pack alot of sugar (albeit natural)...some fruits are better than others for weight loss: apples=good; bananas=bad.
  19. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002

I got 60 former pounds that say eggs (yolks and all) and nuts are OK!