Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

so i havent got enough money for a woolly mammoth.............

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by curnenzegg, Jun 12, 2005.

1. so whats the most hecticly sounding over the top fuzz other than the mammoth?

2. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    you could make one, if you found the schematics.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Save your money. If you know what you're after, don't compromise based on what you have *now*. Wait until you have the money, and get what you want. No reason to settle for less. Then you'll just spend the money you have now, and then spend the money again on a wooly mammoth. Just save up, buy the right pedal once.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Brendan speaks the truth!

But seriously, that's the best advice i've heard on this forum in a while. :)

5. i agree as well...but i WILL give u 1 suggestion for over the top fuzz for 1/3 the price of a mammoth

effecvtor 13 torn's peaker...u might like it...its by NO means a mammoth, but its definitely crazy

If i had to pick, id take the mammoth tho

6. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    If thats the sound you want, its worth it. I have one, and I don't regret dropping 275 bones on it at all. I spent close to that, if not more on other pedals trying to get the same tone.

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Zoom Ultra Fuzz is pretty over the top.

8. Voodoo Lab Superfuzz is pretty rawkus, but then I picked up a Fulltone Ultimate Octave...that thing makes the Superfuzz sound like a pussycat by comparison.

Problem with fuzz circuits is that they lose bass frequencies, inherent in the design. I found a nice little schematic on the web for a simple FX blend circuit that, combined with whatever dirtbox, will keep the clean tone intact so that evil screeching fuzztones can be brought to the fore without ripping people's eardrums to shreds!

http://www.seanm.ca/stomp/bblender.html

I'm putting together the simplified version this week, i'll let you know how it goes.

http://www.seanm.ca/stomp/images/minbblender.gif

9. JPrisus

JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005
    Prescription Electronics Depth Charge is a bit less than a Mammoth and a little better sounding to my ears. I'm using a PE Outbox and absolutely love it. The D*A*M Ezekiel 25:17 looks killer too, but around the same price i think.