1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I i started using my xp300 Space Station

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by octaverazor, Sep 12, 2010.

1. octaverazor

octaverazor

Jun 3, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I remember buying this thing right as they discontinued the xp line. The local music shop was trying to get rid of all there xp pedals, I think it $150 bucks. All I had was $90 in my wallet, he let me have it for that. Messed around with it it a little, then put it in my closet. Fast forward a number of years and I'm in a three piece jam band where weird sounds are very welcome. So digging through some of my crap I come across this thing. Just the ticket. After some research, seems they're worth a pretty penny too. Really enjoying playing this pedal again. Doesn't seem to be much on talk bass about this it. I would like to here from some fellow space station users as it's really jump started my creativity and the band's. We've already started writing two songs around some of the sounds.

2. I want one, and I know Eugene from the band Autolux uses one on bass.

3. octaverazor

octaverazor

Jun 3, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I like it alot. One complaint. It sucks tone like a black hole, so I started using it with a ls-2 line selector "good to go".

4. Good move.

5. I have an xp-1000, which is a mod done by Adam from Guitar Geek to have all the xp models in one. I totally dig the Space Station mode. I mostly use it for the swell, sample and hold, and resonator modes in my electronic group. For ambient stuff, it really is fantastic. Agreed about the bypass, and I also always keep it in the loop of my LS-2.

6. octaverazor

octaverazor

Jun 3, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I saw those on ebay. Kinda cool.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021