1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So...I joined the Fender ranks...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stealthco4545, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Well, after much deliberation I decided to buy this Fender Jazz. It has 24 frets, active EQ....and it's puuuuurrdy. :D Anybody have one of these?

Attached Files:

2. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    very nice bass!! and welcome to the club:D

3. Thanks! :D

4. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    That is puuuuurrdy indeed! Let us know how it sounds. I always wondered what that sounded like vs. the typical vol-vol-tone configuration.

5. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    The one I tried at the store, the fretboard looked and felt like plastic.

6. Welcome and enjoy !!!!

7. The Dave

The Dave

Jun 23, 2006
    Canyon, Texas
    That is gorgeous. I've never played one, but I assume they feel and sound awesome. Congrats!

8. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    If you cant say something nice, say nothing at all.

9. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    ?

I'm just saying, the one I tried at the store, the FB felt like plastic. It didnt feel of good quality to me.

10. joebingo

joebingo

Aug 23, 2006
    London, UK
    well, the fretboard on mine looks and feels like wood, so I feel sorry for you jsbass, you're really missing out due to korean engineering consistency!

the jazz 24 is a really really nice instrument. great sound (The only sound clip that i have of it is with old strings - click the link in my sig to hear it!)

11. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    I have one, and it really is a fantastic bass. Still surprised that it cost so little? So am I :p and I've had mine for over a year now.

Great bass. Feels great, sounds great, and looks awesome aswell :)

12. I've played a good number of these in stores and overall one of my favorite basses I've played.

13. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    And your point in telling us this is...? I'd have to assume Stealthco4545 didn't decide to buy something that looked or felt like a piece of crap to him. Looks like a nice bass to me. :p

14. The Dave

The Dave

Jun 23, 2006
    Canyon, Texas
    +1 Truedatameniknowthatsrightwordtoyourmotheryoucansaythatagainherehereiagree

15. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Awesome bass. I played one just like that the other day, and it sounded great. I may one coming my way soon.

Graeme

16. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    I played one of these while I was on the search for a 5string...it was pretty nice and different, but still couldnt compare to the sound of my geddy lee

17. Well I finally got her last night. I always told myself I wouldn't order an instrument online but I did anyway! I took it out of the box and was taken aback by it. The finish is just wonderful. All I had to do was tune it and it was fine, no fret buzz, no intonation problems, nothing! I got compliments all night from it at practice. It is by far the best sounding bass I've owned. :D :D

18. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Good on yer mate! Play the strings off it!:bassist:

19. Funny you should say that...I'm interested in a Jazz 24 to cover more modern, less rocky and aggressive tones than my Geddy. You have any opinion on that?

20. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    nice bass. enjoy playing it.