1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I just chipped my Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joe_cool27, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Hey, did this on my old MIM Jazz when fitting a new neck - yes the finish is incredibly thick.
    Glued the chip back into place and touched up with a blue cd marker and matched in. Could hardly see it and it never moved.

2. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Whenever I chip my bass I just throw some clear nail polish on the chip just to keep it from spreading. It doesn't look great, but it does the job.

3. Thats why your baby your basses. Now its worthless.

4. Tamochantern

Tamochantern

Apr 20, 2006
    Decatur, MS
    I chipped my PBass trying to put a neck on it. The chip came off in one big piece so I just grabbed some crazy glue and stuck it back on. No one is the wiser unless I tell them! :ninja:

5. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I had one of Tom Petersson's old Epiphone Embassy basses for nearly 20 years. The headstock was riddled with cymbal dings. It comes with the territory. Consider it like a notch in a gun grip.

6. joe_cool27

joe_cool27

Aug 21, 2008
    There are three chips, but i still have the biggest one. I think I'll glue that piece back on. Just so it can look a little bit more complete, but still have some character.