So . . . i just did a bad thing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Jul 31, 2005.

1. well, im away to retube the pre in my SVT II aswell, so its a good thing ive got a fair bit of cash atm

look what i just won on the bay :D

Peavey 2x15, with Black Widows, i e-mailed the guy for the dimentions, and its the deeper ones (~18" deep)

Not bad for £75 !! :D
  2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Cool, good price. Should be a good fit with your 410. I hope you will be tall enough to reach your amp knobs once you stack those two cabs.
  3. we'll see! (im 6ft4 so it might be ok ;) ) , i wonder if ill manage to get my SVT ontop of them all without killing myself . ..
  4. Welcome to the Big Boys club. :)
  5. adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    OMG....I used to have one of those, like 20 years ago, when I was in a severely over-amplified and under-talented college band.

Hope you've got a strong back. I did, back then. (I also played a Peavy T40.)
  6. Jazzin'

7. woah, thats just like me !

I dont need this cab at all, im not even in a gigging band :(

And all the guitarist in my new band has is a marshall MD100DFX (100 watt SS amp with a single 12" speaker) , i think this will be a case of having to turn the bass down, hahahaha, aye right!

I may take you up on the step ladder idea Jazzin'
  8. Jazzin'

Maybe you should put the 410 and the 215 next to eachother with the amp on top of the 410. Or put the 215 on its side and then put the 410 on top.
  9. My first 'big cab' was one of those in the 70's! I immediately pulled the speakers out and put in Altec Lansing's. It was like carting around a fridge... but it did have the big boom, especially for that time.
  10. I used to do that with my EVM 2-15, it would nicely emphasize the bass with both 15's by the floor. You may like that sound better than when its upright.

People have correctly stated a vertical array is better than horizontal to avoid comb filtering, but you're already violated that with the 410, I"ve never seen a 4x1 vertical stack 4x10 instead of 2x2 configuration. So give it a try and see what's up. It'll keep your rig at a reasonable height, and emphasize that smooth low end even more than normal.

11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very nice, love those old Peavey cabs.
  12. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Seventy-five pounds... what is that, about $170US? Man, you stole that thing! :eek:

Congratulations, and enjoy creating your own wind (not breaking any, now...)! :D
  13. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    If it were me, being as lazy as I am, I'd lay the 2x15" on it's side and then stack it all, or just set em side by side. But that's me, being lazy. :rolleyes:

Nice buy, and dirt cheap too. Good luck with hauling it all around.
  14. well, things usually go for a £=$ difference with musical instruments

and according to (uses current exchange rates) £75 = ~$130 :D

And to all you nay sayers, im going to stack the 4x10 ontop of the 2x15, vertically with the amp ontop, and take a picture :p

( then take it down before it falls and kills me )
  15. it's less than 170...

wish i'd spotted that... you'd have had a competitor!
  16. mwahahaha, i was sitting it refreshing every second of the last 5-10 minutes ****ting it tho!

it was just listed as "peavey cab" , had to get a few questions out the way, was happy to find it was A) black widow equiped, B) the deep one (18"), C) 4ohms, so i can use it with my 4x10 prescisely on the 2ohm mark wooooo

Im sure another one will pop up at some time :p