1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I just got a Peavey T-40

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Conce, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Conce

Conce

Nov 20, 2008
    Kind of bored at work (yes, I start the day at 3:30am...the perils of television news!) and wish I brought my bass in to pass time. Was kind of playing the T-40 instead of sleeping and unfortunately had to take a break and drive to work...anyways, I recently bought this off of justinbass (gave me a great deal on the thing!) in the hopes of finally getting back into playing a bass that has a nice passive tone, without shelling out too much cash. You see, over the past several years, I've been more inclined to pick up an active over a passive . It started when I was in a band in high school and everyone was convinced that a 5-string Ibanez Soundgear was the epitome of bass (this was in the early 2000s)...I finally sold the thing a few weeks ago. I then picked up a used Spector Euro 4, but something was still missing. Don't get me wrong, I play it daily and it's still my go-to bass, but for 1/3 of what I paid for, I'm very impressed. This T-40 is an early to mid 80's model due to the exposed blade pickups, and I'll be honest, every tone I was looking for was there. I'm not too incredibly familiar with the blade/toaster differences, but the blades do it for me. The weight of the T-40 aside, I'm now that guy who answers, "Just get a T-40" when someone asks for a good, cheap bass. I just have to get some new strings (the thing came with flatwounds...not a fan of them on something with frets), set the action, and I'm in passive bass heaven! Until I can afford a US G&L L-2000, I think I'm done GASing for now:bassist:

2. Droot

Droot

Dec 29, 2006
    Check out the t-40 thread.
    DRoot