1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I just got out of the hospital...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jonny B, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Jonny B

Jonny B

Nov 5, 2006
    WI
    The first thing you need to know is that I am a typical man that will not go to the doctor unless I have somehow slit my neck open and my blood is arcing ten feet across the room. Even then, maybe I can just seal that baby shut with some duct tape. ;)

So Monday, I went to the doctor because I have been very short of breath and very light headed. This was accompanied by a cold so at first I really thought nothing of it, but as the days went on I realized that something was not right.

The doc did her tests including an EKG and found some abnormalities with my heart. My blood work also showed signs of some enzyme or something that indicated a heart problem. She mentioned some other stuff but at that point all I could hear was this blazing A440 tone in my head.

She scheduled another test for that evening but after finding out I wouldn't be able to get the test until the following day she decided she wanted me to go the hospital.

So I went.

Today, after a barrage of tests over the past two days the doctor came in this evening and told me my heart was fine. Needless to say I was more than relieved. So I asked why was I having problems breathing accompanied by dizziness?

This is when he started asking me about stress. Was I stressed at work? No. At home? No. What about children? No. Was I having any problems at work at all? No.

This went on and on and I knew where he was going with it.

He indicated my problem was all in my head.

While I know better than that, how exactly does one convince a doctor that doesn't know you that they are way out of left field with that diagnosis.

So I simply said fine, discharge me then. I guess I go back to my primary physician tomorrow and start all over.

This is why I hate going to see doctors... Rant over.

2. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    First off I am glad you are OK! I thought your post was going a different direction. I would stay with it however, the shortness of breath and dizziness must be addressed. And, I agree about doctors, you have to find a good one.

3. over priced idiots.........

Talk to Dr.cheese

4. Jonny B

Jonny B

Nov 5, 2006
    WI
    I am definitely staying with it. I KNOW there is something wrong. It's not like I'm sitting here hyperventilating over some mundane crap I can't control. I don't get anxiety attacks, and I'm not stressed out (even over this).

We'll see what my regular doc says tomorrow.

5. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    heh, I havn't been to a doctor in 5 years, and that was just cuz I had to to get shots for school.

I don't understand people who feel the need to see the doc every time they get a common cold.