1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So, I just sent LDS an e-mail...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sound Chaser, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Yep. I'm hoping to start buying a rig now, and I need something that can handle bass and guitar well at decent volumes, so I decided to send an inquiry to Low Down Sound about a bi-amp cab that can handle bass and guitar seperately, or a stereo bass, or a Stick theoretically. I'm hoping this won't be too expensive, I've heard they're really great with prices over there. The rest of the amplification is probably going to be expensive enough!

2. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Every Email I have sent hasn't been returned. I no longer wish to do business with LDS. 5 emails, each with no reply?

3. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    I could never get a reply either.

That's not to say Don doesn't make killer cabs though.

Ya'll give Marc a call at Dr Bass. He's always reachable and fun to talk to.

4. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    they emailed me back pretty fast. I just went a different direction. check for a direct business number if you dont get an answer within a few business days.

5. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Telephone?

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, it's been said many times on this forum that Don is great on the phone but flat-out terrible with emails. Call him.

7. NewGuy

NewGuy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2006
    +1
    Don is great, but not very email savvy LOL. Give them a call (248)546-4773

I believe they have a toll-free number listed on their website too.

Good luck!

8. LDS is a small shop, and unfortunately, Don is not really an email person. Some shops are great with email and others are not.

If you call LDS, Ryan will immediately put you in touch with Don, and he usually returns phone calls within a day.

K

9. Yes, do not be afraid of the phone, Don is a good guy who is probably very busy building cabinets as apposed to playing on the cpu....

10. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    Right
    Don's not an email guy.
    When I called, they gave me his cell # (I think) then I called it and had a nice chat with Mrs. Don.
    ... and the cab, 2x8 w/mid and a single rackspace
    ROCKS

11. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    long distance charges fail.

12. If you're seriously considering having a cabinet custom made, the couple bucks in phone charges shouldn't matter.

Mike

13. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Low Down Sound
    Call Toll Free: (248) 546-4773