So I know everybody can't wait for the Olympics to start!! Right??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Feb 9, 2006.

1. I was really looking forward to watching the ice skating amongst other things, but I'm off for a weeks skiing, so I'll miss some bits.
  2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I just got done watching the X-Games. I've had my fill of watching stoners play in the snow. :p

4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    You bet. I'm a huge fan of the Olympics, especially the winter games.
  5. flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Apparently the final 4 episodes of Arrested Development will be shown back-to-back in the US at the same time as the opening ceremony.:hyper:
    I'll be trying to download them straight away.

Too bad it has been cancelled.:spit: It was such a top show.
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I'm not going to lie: I probably won't watch any of it except the occasional hockey game.
  7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    olympics has got to be summer or NOTHIN'!

and the u.s. basketball team has to be good, too. :mad:
  8. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    +1. Its funny how you managed to capture my thoughts on this topic in one word.:D
  9. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

The what?
  10. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I`m certainly not.

However, I can`t wait for the Soccer (Football) World Cup in June.
  11. The Olympics are back on again already?
  12. My thoughts exactly. This every 2 year crap is really annoying. There's no down time. First we get to hear about the city selection for 3010, why that city deserves it and how the Space Olympics will pwn. Then there's a bit of controversy about how this committee or that city official is on the take and that's why the city for the Fall Olympics 2064 was chosen. THEN the hype hype hype begins for the upcoming Olympics. Whatever station carrying the event in the US begins advertising for the quadruple cast of ALL OLYMPICS ALL DAY LONG ON 4 CHANNELS about 6 months before the debacle. Then they start pushing individual US athletes using daily spots on the morning "news" programs. Then the games start. Wooooo-hah. Then our news programs pat themselves on the back as they count how many medals we have. Repeat cycle.

13. anyone know if Canada is competing in anything else other then hockey this year? :confused:

Sooo many injuries this year. Bummer :help:
  14. Say it almost as if it was a bad thing. :p :D
  15. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :D :D :D
  16. You must have read too much into my post. I got the quadruplecast, had 4 HD televisions installed in my bathroom, and took my vacation just so I could watch the ENTIRE Olympics at once. The pizza will be delivered through a "food door" I cut in the bathroom wall and I don't plan on showering lest I miss one fallen snowflake. To ensure total comfort, I had La-Z-Boy custom design a toilet seat for me. I plan on sitting on the can for the duration. Later I'll high-five my friends and brag about how awesome "we" are at anything involving flat slick man-made surfaces, frozen water in its various forms, and the physics involved when the two meet.

17. I love the Olympics. I watch them pretty religiously, especially the so-called "non-prime-time" sports, like the biathlon, or curling. There are a lot more of them during the summer Olympics, but I think that the winter ones are just as cool. No pun intended.:D

Rock on
  18. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
  19. Synchronized shivering?

400 meter maple syrup relay?

1000 meter making fun of the French?

Rock on