So I meet this girl....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products a friends birthday gathering a couple of weeks ago and hit it off pretty well with her. yes, she was beautiful too. I have a girlfriend for 9 years though and have learned to be comfortably frustrated.

today i notice she's found my personal myspace page (I only have around 12 friends) and invited me to be a friend. so I go to her page to tease myself. I find this in the first blog of hers that I click on.....
    "It's 1:20 am and I totally should be sleeping, but I'm feeling so damn good right now! I just saw an incredible show.... Victor Wooten, and every time I see him, my mind gets blown away a little more than the time before.... "'
    Women like this never existed before!?!??? God has a very nasty sense of humor. ​
  2. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I run into this a lot, except my problem is not that Im attached, but that most of these awesome, beautiful girls, are girlfriends of my friends hehe.
  3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    That's why I'm staying single! Gotta love it when you're taken and there's better. But really, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Give the novelty time to wear off and you'll realize that you're happy just as things are. Either that or you'll realize that you're not happy where you are, and that she would make you happier. But nine years is quite the commitment! Good luck bro :p

4. No matter how perfect or attractive a girl may be, just remember some guy out there is sick of putting up with her s**t :p
  5. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    doesnt it suck when you find all these perfect girls now that you have a girlfriend. its the story of my life.
  6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    See, this is what I call a "universe punching" moment. Now, if the universe had a coporeal form -- eg, that of one of those raisins with arms and legs from the TV commercials and a little sash that said "Mr. Universe" -- this would be where you would grab him by his sash and punch his moistureless, raisiny form. These moments are usually the world's way of balancing out the really awesome things in your life (bongo, girlfriend of 9 years, success of your band, etc.) so I guess...take 'em in stride. There's gonna be a lot of 'em.
  7. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    No matter how beautiful and cool a girl is, there is a guy somewhere, who is sick of her sh!t.
  8. Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    If you've been 'comfortably frustrated' for 9 years, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your relationship with your girlfriend, regardless of the new woman.

That's not a way to go through life. Don't settle.
  9. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Don't sweat it Joe. I fall in love at least once a week. I love my wife and she's hot and all that but a guy can look right?
  10. Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    I dont think he means hes not happy ... same in my case. Im content and happy as can be with my girlfriend... but you always long for that freedom that being single can be. Especially if you were a bit of a wild one before ya got snagged. She likes Victor though?! LoL I listen to Victor around mine and im just happy she tolerates it... hardly could say shes a fan but I do catch her tappin the foot and fingers every once and awhile:)
  11. That's funny, somebody I know wrote a song about that very idea called "Somebody Hates Her". It is a great tune. Chorus is "Somebody hates her, no doubt about it. Somebody hates her, yeah their sick of her s**t."
  12. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    or,just go by the two things that make me feel better about things.

a.) you have a girlfriend who obviously loves you. she puts up with your bs for 9 years. hell, this shouldnt even be your girlfriend, she should be your wife.

b.) regardless of how many hot girls out there, or how perfect they seem. all girls/women have mental problems. if a girl is single, there HAS TO BE A REASON.
  13. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    It ain't just the single ones that have mental problems!
  14. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Agreed! we can all be pretty unhinged :D

although... you men aren't all that easy to figure out either you know...... ;)
  15. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Maybe its because I'm a guy, but I think we are pretty easy to figure out.

As long as you:

1. Give us regular "lovin"
    2. Let us watch sports with our friends occasionally
    3. Allow us reasonable GAS funds (especially when I make 75 percent of the household income)
    4. Don't complain TOO much

We are pretty willing to do anything else you want within reason.
  16. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Cheezewiz is fast becoming my favourite poster.
  17. +1
  18. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    well I try and do those things...... ;)

as long as I get the same treatment! :D
  19. But making me watch "magical moments at the ice capades" isn't really 'watching sports with our friends occasionally."
  20. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK

Now be quiet, before I give you a feeble girly slap.

;) :p