1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I meet this girl....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Yes, dear...

(sigh)

;)

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Hmm... I heard that quote said as... "No matter how hot a girl is, there's some guy who's tired of having sex with her." Not exactly in those words.

In all honesty, I question my relationship often. I've got a really great woman, by all outside appearances I should be grateful, shut my mouth and be married already - but I ALWAYS long for my freedom. I've been in lots of long term, committed relationships - and this is one thing that never changes. I need freedom. I don't like knowing that my actions, regardless of what they are - may hurt someone else's feelings whether that be by wasting 2 hours on talkbass, or taking off for a weekend with a new woman friend I've met.

please don't lecture me anyone by saying "then she's not the right girl" or any crap like that. I have lots and lots of experience with this stuff, been in LOTS of long term relationships, about 20X as many short term relationships, read about 50 books on all this stuff, done relationship counseling, one on one therapy, group therapy (where I got involved with one of the women in the group :)), and attended 12 step meetings for several years regarding relationship issues.

This stuff above is the last of the demons in my life, and the toughest one. I move along slowly - and just for the record, I'm totally honest in my relationships and don't cheat or decieve anyone. Although I may have to unsubscribe from this thread in order to not cause trouble if she sees this. :)

Sometimes I think I wear my life too much on my sleeve. Whatever.

3. Joe, you rule. If for nothing else than this post.

As soon as you get into that situation, that you just want to be "selfish" and get ice cream for yourself, and don't bring any home for her... or you want to watch the History Channel when she wants to watch "Who's Wedding Is It Anyway" or whatever.

I have no desire to be with any other woman, but I hate getting her pissed at me for being me.

4. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA

LOL :p Probably one of the wisest things I have ever read.