Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So I met Dave Grossman the other day...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    He's a really cool dude. I went to his house, he bought me a burger and fries, we sat down and watched an episode of Family Guy (that is some funny trash!), and learned that he has a soft spot for cats, and sometimes racoons. Oh, and he sold me this:

[​IMG]

2. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
  3. Cool. I would like to try out one of those one day. There don't seem to be too many around here, so I'll have to figure something out.

Congrats, looks great and I'm sure it's a player.

Geoff

4. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed hanging. It was good to meet you. I'm really glad you liked that instrument. I hated to give it up but I picked this up the next day:

[​IMG]

It's got one more string. :D

And I picked this up on Tuesday:

[​IMG]

I have some good pics of that Warr at:

http://www.unpronounceable.com/images/warr/

Talk to you later,

Dave

5. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Man, Dave, couldn't you have just started a "I met Basstriaxis the other day" thread? How is my new Warr supposed to compete with a Warrior 9 string, AND a cute little kitty?!

6. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Does anybody know what the controls on this thing do? I figured out everything but one of the switches, the one closest to the strings. The switch on the right is a mid-frequency selector, middle switch is pickup selector, and the left one is ??? I can't tell. This Warr has got piezos, but I don't think the switch affects them at all. :confused:

7. Could it be a bright switch?