1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I now am convinced Markbass is Worth the $

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mcr23, Apr 16, 2010.

1. mcr23

mcr23

Apr 15, 2010
    I just went to GC and played umpteen cabs of various sizes and verious heads (acoustic 600H, GK 700RBII, Boogie walkabout, etc) and the Markbass 210 combo blew them all away.

The bass was rich, full, and warm. I didn't think theycould be worth the dough but WOW. :eek:

This def made me rethink getting the used Carvin B800 head and the Avatar neo 212 or 410 cab. :confused::confused:

2. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i'm sprung!!!! i got a LMIII pushing two 15's and my 5string is LETHAL now!!!! my kid has the LMII and a 210p Traveler and he practices twice as long now!
    btw, thanks D

3. mcr23

mcr23

Apr 15, 2010
    I noticed the descriptions of the speakers expressly say "woofer" and they don't look like normal cones..?

4. I played a gig where the featured band's bass player told me to just use his rig (we were opening for them). He had the 210 combo on top of an Ampeg 15. That was one of the best sounding rigs Ive ever played through.

5. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    GC isn't the only store; The brands you list are not the only brands. Don't let GC convince you otherwise.

6. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Banned

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    +1

My brother likes to say GC is the McDonald's of amps. They have crappy cheeseburgers, but somewhere else out there there's a steak.

7. Rich Treat

Rich Treat

Mar 29, 2010
    I've had a Little Mark II for a few years now. I use it with the MB 210 front ported traveler cab. For the sound that I want to get, it is the best for the money. To me, they are comparable to edens in sound quality, but MB is half the price of an eden.

It is definitely worth the money, and you could probably spend a lot more on gear that doesn't sound much better.

8. Rich Treat

Rich Treat

Mar 29, 2010
    +1 I can't stand GC.

MarkBass is still great though!

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    they're neos, and they are a little abnormal, but in a good way. they're designed so the cone has a lot of travel and moves more air than usual designs. it'll scare you at first to see the cones jumping out like they do, but it's normal operation. oh, and yeah, normal cones aren't yellow ;)

don't care if markbass is sold at gc or not...it's good stuff. used to have the little 112 combo and an lmii. loved it until i got my vintage ampegs all fixed up...you know how that goes...

:bassist:

10. 2400

Sep 4, 2009
    Antwerp, Belgium
    +1 on the awesome 210 combo. I have the first generation CMD102P and I love it!

11. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    The doctor is in the house!

I use the MB 210 combo with the Traveller 115 cab and can honestly say that this is the first amplification setup I've owned in over 30 years of playing that I am totally satisfied with.

Good to see you still using my quote in your sig, by the way. Paleoanthropology ftw. :D