so i picked up my stingray last night...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Jun 23, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    for the first time in about a year, and i realized a few things

1.)how i miss playing this fine instrument, and even though it had dead strings and needed a set up, i couldnt put it down.

2.) after putting it down, and picking up my mia p, i realized how much better the quality is on the ray. just the feel is so good its retarded.

3.) now that i am buying my mesa 400+(or svt-cl) that i may want to give the ray another chance...considering i'm finding myself going after that distorted sound with the fender, but i had it all the long with the ray.

i hope that guitar center credit card comes soon, so i can buy that amp already.....maybe i'l make the change back to my ray.....then i can sell my svt 3 pro, my compressor, and some other toys to get myself a ray back up.

ugh, im such a dufus.
  2. :bassist: Ok, well from one Stingray user to another...Welcome back to the club!!! My only question is how in the frozen penguin s**t do manage to have a perfectly good Ray and not play it for a year????!!!! I would understand if it was a Squire P-Bass or something cheap, but a Ray?? SACRILEGE!!!! :scowl: Nonetheless, congrats on finding the tone you want! Enjoy. :bassist:
  3. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I had the same thing happen to me recently. After a few months of hardly using my Ray I picked it up and started messin around on it for a bit and I realize how awesome the bass is. As far as playability and feel goes, I dont think it can get any better. I'm still not satisfied with the tone I get from it, but thats my fault and not the bass. I still have to get the EQ on my amp just right. But anyways Stingrays are some of the best production basses out there.
  4. ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    a few months ago I got a new 55-01 and fell in love with it. parked my sray 5 until a few nites ago when I was trying to trade/sell my ray for anything new. after looking out there at the lack of quality and higher prices of other basses, I started playing my ray again to see if it really had to go. Well, I'm back in the saddle again lil buckaroos. I've discovered some nice tones I just could not find before which is what put me off my ray in the first place. But I just followed some TBers advice on EQing the onboard pre and BAM! new, great sounds galore are coming out of my bass. So see it could happen, you get distracted but you always come back to her. Just sorry to those couple cats I started to negotiate with :rolleyes: but I think I'll keep her for abit more. Peace and Yeehaw y'all.
  5. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i had the p-bass fever. its possible i will continue to play the p, but i'm going to clean and set up the music man and try it with whatever new amp i am getting...