So I played a BTB406 today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Jun 29, 2004.

1. My friend and I went to the local music store today to get some strings for his acoustic guitar and while I was waiting around I spied a BTB406 sitting there - So I asked to try it out...WOW! I love it. I know got major GAS for one! Fast neck, great action, all sorts of tones. Now I need to get a job, get that new amp and then go get a BTB!
  2. Hey Dude,

I tryed out a BTB ages and AGES ago.. round the time i got my jazz.. and i gotta say that i dig 'em... but that was a 4 string BTB. Haven't tryed the 6er.

Good luck on your quest for your GAS cure.

3. i dig mine.. too bad i got a DUI and have to sell it... :crying:
  4. hodgy

May 5, 2004
    Bothell, WA
    Tech Support- Ampeg/ Mackie
    I went down and banged on one at Bass NW a few weeks ago, and I am in love. Soon, it (or one like it) will be mine. After I pay rent. And all my bills. But soon...
  5. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Luv my fiver. I don't think I'm going to sell it after a year, like I usually do.
  6. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I gotta 510...don't think I'll ever get rid of. LOVE IT!
  7. Charr

May 14, 2004
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    i've just called the local music store and asked them to order a 405 so i can try it out :cool:
    one of my mates and i both want to try it out, so they might be lucky and sell TWO of them at once hehe

my only concern is the pups - i usually go with active electronic's but the BTB 404-406 are passive - which pups do YOU think would be the best to put in??
  8. Hey Charr,

I thought that the BTB's were active?? As far as i know, the BTB's have active electronics with passive pickups... (that's what i was told by a musicshop dude). But, i could be wrong.. which is quite possible. ;)

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    BTB = Active Controls/Passive Pickups

Not many brands make an active pickup (a pickup with an internal preamp run by battery). EMG, and the VFL pickups from a Cirrus are the only ones that I can think of.
  10. Charr

May 14, 2004
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    oh my!!! i see - well i AM quite a n00b on this field ;)
    still i AM really looking forward to trying it! its either this or the Yamaha TRB1005 - at least for now :bassist:
  11. A big thing I love about the BTB is the locking input jack! I at first couldn't figure out how to take it out :meh:. Whoever thought it up is pure genius. I can't tell you how many times I've accidently stepped on a cable and it came out.
  12. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i told you you'd like it man. it's built really well. i like the locking input jack also.
  13. Never doubted you for a second ;) When I get one it's going to take some time re-transitioning back over the the closer string spacing. The spacing on my 5er is wide as hell.