1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So I played a BTB406 today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Jun 29, 2004.

1. My friend and I went to the local music store today to get some strings for his acoustic guitar and while I was waiting around I spied a BTB406 sitting there - So I asked to try it out...WOW! I love it. I know got major GAS for one! Fast neck, great action, all sorts of tones. Now I need to get a job, get that new amp and then go get a BTB!

2. Hey Dude,

I tryed out a BTB ages and AGES ago.. round the time i got my jazz.. and i gotta say that i dig 'em... but that was a 4 string BTB. Haven't tryed the 6er.

Good luck on your quest for your GAS cure.

Pengwan.

3. i dig mine.. too bad i got a DUI and have to sell it... :crying:

4. hodgy

hodgy

May 5, 2004
    Bothell, WA
    Tech Support- Ampeg/ Mackie
    I went down and banged on one at Bass NW a few weeks ago, and I am in love. Soon, it (or one like it) will be mine. After I pay rent. And all my bills. But soon...

5. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    Luv my fiver. I don't think I'm going to sell it after a year, like I usually do.

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I gotta 510...don't think I'll ever get rid of. LOVE IT!

7. Charr

Charr

May 14, 2004
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    i've just called the local music store and asked them to order a 405 so i can try it out :cool:
    one of my mates and i both want to try it out, so they might be lucky and sell TWO of them at once hehe

my only concern is the pups - i usually go with active electronic's but the BTB 404-406 are passive - which pups do YOU think would be the best to put in??

8. Hey Charr,

I thought that the BTB's were active?? As far as i know, the BTB's have active electronics with passive pickups... (that's what i was told by a musicshop dude). But, i could be wrong.. which is quite possible. ;)

Pengwan.

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    BTB = Active Controls/Passive Pickups

Not many brands make an active pickup (a pickup with an internal preamp run by battery). EMG, and the VFL pickups from a Cirrus are the only ones that I can think of.

10. Charr

Charr

May 14, 2004
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    oh my!!! i see - well i AM quite a n00b on this field ;)
    still i AM really looking forward to trying it! its either this or the Yamaha TRB1005 - at least for now :bassist:

11. A big thing I love about the BTB is the locking input jack! I at first couldn't figure out how to take it out :meh:. Whoever thought it up is pure genius. I can't tell you how many times I've accidently stepped on a cable and it came out.

12. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i told you you'd like it man. it's built really well. i like the locking input jack also.

13. Never doubted you for a second ;) When I get one it's going to take some time re-transitioning back over the the closer string spacing. The spacing on my 5er is wide as hell.