So, I played ukulele naked on stage Friday...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Ubersheist, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Sorry, no pics. They were SUPER strict about that. And, they were strict about sitting on a towel. But the naked ukulele playing did happen. It was at a "naked comedy" show. They had an open mic section during the intermission. I brought my ukulele... And bleedin' nailed it! I actually won 4 acting classes from a local theater.

The night ended with me driving my lady friend and her new stripper friend home who were both in various states of undress. Wild night... AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT.

2. What are you trying to say?

3. leonard

leonard

Jul 31, 2001
    Yurop
    I like this thread already.

jmac, kobass, Lo-E and 2 others like this.
  4. southpaw723

southpaw723

Oct 20, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    That's nothin compared to what I did Friday

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Meh... Been there, done that. Pagan festival. Starwood. Only differences were it was a bass, not a ukulele, and the stripper was my girlfriend :). And thats actually the truth.

Gongrats. A liberating, freeing experience.

6. Matt O

Matt O

Feb 19, 2013
    The Mitten
    Coincidentally, my Friday night involved naked uke playing as well, but the public wasn't invited in.

They had to stay outside and view it through my living room window where they belong.

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Dear Talkbass,

I used to think these threads weren't real but one night at an open mic...

8. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Weird... I wore a ukulele costume on Friday.

9. Well, please do tell.

MrWolf14 likes this.
  10. It is liberating. Not gonna lie, the best gigs always involve some nudity, sometimes my own.

With regards to my Friday, it was a mental challenge. It was a pretty darn intimate, quiet, intense theater. The audience was super attentive, and I was the first person of the show and the only person to do the "open mic." The friend I brought was NOT a fan of acoustic/folk music, very hard to impress with anything, and I was going to play a song dedicated to her. NERVE WRACKING for every reason except the nakedness.

I also did it just to get another story. No matter if I tanked, it still would have made for a good story.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  11. www.nudecomedyla.com - It was fun. It was way more "naturist/nudist" and "healthy lifestyle alternative" than I expected, but still fun, and the comics they got were great.

Here's me and the hostess after. I have some with my friend and her, but those pictures would get me banned here...

IMG_2707.JPG

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  12. southpaw723

southpaw723

Oct 20, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Oh I was just kidding because my Friday was very... Normal lol

Ubersheist likes this.
  13. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Years, caloric intake and Gravity has limited my naked playing to the shower.

14. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    So you contend that OP's experience, albeit exceptional, is not unique?

Oh...that was a uke!

Regardless...ya sound great in there.
    Especially dig your clean.

Love gig stories where the bassist gets the girls.

S-Bigbottom and Aberdumbie like this.
  15. Matt O

Matt O

Feb 19, 2013
    The Mitten
    Yep, Friday night is uke night. Saturday is mini trombone kazoo night. I take Sunday off so don't hide in my bushes tonight, perv.

MattZilla and Jah Wobble Fan like this.
  16. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Sundays I'm off. Got it! Great new schedule by the way, which helps ease the sting of realizing that was actually a Uke in your hands.
    For a spell there I thought you just liked me.

Matt O likes this.
  17. Matt O

Matt O

Feb 19, 2013
    The Mitten
    Oh I can't see anyone that's watching me. I just know they're out there because of the frequent visits from the neighborhood constabulary. What a bunch of complainers. I'm an artist, dammit.

18. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Me too. And you are my canvas, like it or not. Oh yes you are.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  19. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Ahh... A funny guy has entered the room.

:)

Jah Wobble Fan likes this.
  20. More like the girl gets the girl, and fool around in the back seat while I try to keep my eyes on the road. It was a long night into morning.

IMG_2714.JPG